Floating another gun ban at the NYT

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by ribka, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

fixj, if you believe what you just wrote, I'm sorry.
    Just keep a loaded firearm handy, ya never know when you'll need it.

2. fixj

fixj Member

Gary, no reason to be sorry.

Yes I do believe what I wrote , and do have a gun handy should I ever need it. Hopefully I won't. I am not anti gun.
    The US won't ratify any UN treaty that would infringe on the Second Amendment. Repealing or changing the Second Amendment is virtually impossible for the reasons I stated in my original post.

I would concede that someone will likely propose legislation on curbing the sale of assault weapons.

3. Jim Darden

Jim Darden Active Member

Gary....I'm with you on this one. You gotta be asleep to believe what he's saying. When I go to pick up the grandkids at the school, there is a RCW posted that this is a gun free zone, and I need to disarm myself even though I have a permit. When I go to the theater, there is the same sign. Gee, I wonder where I would go if I wanted to shoot some people and didn't want anyone to shoot back! They think theses signs will stop the problem but all they do is prevent us from defending ourselves. I got a great solution, let's just outlaw all outlaws and then the problem is solved. Shouldn't we pass a law about breaking the law? Declare a crime free zone!

4. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

I think that's been tried.....Surprise, surprise.....I didn't work. :rolleyes:

5. scottr

scottr Active Member

Fishing at its root is a blood sport and will be next on the block after hunting.

But they are discussing limitations on things like magazine capacity and ammunition sales. Gun control does not always equal banning guns. After Aurora a few senators tacked on gun related language to the Cyber Security bill that would ban all magazines with +10 capacity stating national security concerns.

This is largely correct although the UN did draft a Arms Trade Treaty that failed to get much support. I do wonder if such a treaty would impact the importation of guns from other countries within the EU (Heckler & Koch, Sig Sauer, Glock, Steyr, FNH, Beretta, Beneli) an http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Read how broad the language is in the draft and you can see why people get alarmed http://www.snopes.com/politics/info/att.pdf

6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

Jim, I believe you're permitted to have your weapon on you when picking up/dropping off kids at school; I'll check myself, but I believe that's written into the RCW.
    regarding the "gun free" bullshit on theaters and such, like the policy here at Central Washington Hospital, I ignore it. It's concealed, and all they can do is ask me to leave. I kinda feel their "right" to not be scared doesn't supercede my right to defend myself.

Yep, I'm right, just checked; it's RCW 9.41.280, subsection 3 (e). If you have a ccp, you're not required to disarm yourself when dropping off or retrieving the progeny.

7. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

I think that question was answered before we had guns...
    "And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him."