Floatplane Searuns

Brendan

Sounds like fun! I think $300 seems pretty reasonable for a trip like this.

If there is anyone representing the Searun fishery in the Puget Sound, I want it to be Leland. I'm glad that there was a barbless and C&R blurb at the end of the article.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
I was like Tattoo when I saw it like a month ago:
It was kind of a raw rainy day...

Who among us has not dreamed of flying a float plane and fishing wherever the hell they want?

I see this kind of post and think $300? hmm, not so bad, but why do that when for a cool $900 I could build my own Pygmy kayak kit, take oh, 10 or so months to get it done and as well as have the boat any ol' time I needed it, I would have the benefit of having it in the garage for the wife to hang and stack things on/from it.

That settles that, I'm building a boat. :cool:

DKL

Nude to the board
Constructeur, You almost have it figured out. What you really need to do is find a wife of one of the other guys that already built their boat. Tell her you want to take it off their hands. That way you'll have your boat without the time, hassle, and amount of money to build your own. You won't feel nearly as bad either when you don't use that boat and it just collects clutter in the garage.

DKL

sroffe

I see this kind of post and think $300? hmm, not so bad, but why do that when for a cool $900 I could build my own Pygmy kayak kit, take oh, 10 or so months to get it done and as well as have the boat any ol' time I needed it, I would have the benefit of having it in the garage for the wife to hang and stack things on/from it.

That settles that, I'm building a boat. :cool:

Why not think really big? $300,000: Flight lessons, float plane lessons and endorsement, and go out and buy a float plane...

I thought it a neat idea my self, but, it's blow the solitude I like when I fish. 12 other rods on the same beach are a little to much for me. But, again, it's a cool idea. I'm in for my own float plane. Super Cub with floats.!!!

IveofIone

Years ago I was on Merrill Lake one evening fishing the Hex hatch when a guy landed on the lake in what I believe was a Super Cub on floats. He taxied to shore and tied up the aircraft. He had a young ingénue with him and put her on shore while he opened up a FoldaBoat and rowed out to meet the hatch. The ingénue was unhappy. She whined. She wanted to go home. There were big yellow bugs around! I felt sorry for the guy, he tried to do something cool but had to pay attention to the whiner and left in defeat. Pick your fishing companions wisely.

Ive