Floatplane Searuns

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Home Page:
    This is what I am saying. No offense to Leland but the "exotic" south sound is best approached via feet or paddles. North Sound, Straits, or San Juans might be better suited to this heavy tactic. Just sayin' [​IMG]

No, two wrongs do not make a right. [​IMG]

2. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

Although I won't deny anyone their own personal ideas of a pleasurable trip, taking a float plane into a PS beach kinda puts me off a bit. Especially if that plane taxis into a beach I'm fishing.

It kinda reminds me of the backcountry ski trips I used to do in the Canadian mountains.

Our group would "skin up" the peaks on our telemark or randonee gear for many hours and then take a lunch break before the downhill. Then we'd see a CMH helo drop off a bunch of skiers below us who'd quickly poach all the good lines.

Was it disappointing?

Yes, to a degree.

Although it did cost something to arrive in that place, we paid for our trip more with self-reliance and sweat-equity as opposed to the dollars they'd spent.

We found that somewhat consoling and still felt we had a better experience!

But "suum cuique"! ;)

Eyejuggler likes this.
  3. 5weight

5weight New Member

I think you could load more people on one of the "ducks" they use for the Seattle tours. A nice beachside lunch could be served with a fine wine. Let's make this fishing an industry like all the other great trout fisheries have become.

Eyejuggler likes this.
  4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Thanks for the link Leland, fun read. This would be a fun day trip, just like it is fun to beach the boat and fish a beach that gets few fishermen. Only this trip includes an opportunity for a float plane trip. Pretty cool.

Brendan likes this.
  5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'm sure the peanut gallery will have something to say about this,I think it's a cool way to spend the day I just wish that I could have made the trip.

Brendan and miyawaki like this.
  6. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Home Page:
    Leland,

This is a great idea! I think there is no better person to do it either. Keep up the good work.