fly fishing for the bourgeoisie (elite and filthy wealthy)

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by loose ferrule, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    That would be a "bazillion." I don't know how much it is, but I've heard that word a lot lately.:rofl:

2. mini-e

mini-e New Member

I too have been fishing with Dick!!! My sister went to school with Dick's Daughter Mary at the U of C, and they, well, dated for awhile. So my sister attended a few Cheney family get togethers over the years and I happened to get invited along once and Met Dick. My sister said she did not like Dick, so I was intimidated when I met him, but we had flyfishing in common so we had something to chat about. He was still an intimidating dude, I'll tell ya! A year or so later I'll be damned If I didn't get an invite to go fishing with him on the Green River!

I went.

It was a surreal experience, like 60 men in black; snipers, zodiacs, helicopters, Suburbans, scuba divers, the whole division hovering over under and around our drift boat like a bunch of angry wasps. I was totally blown away by the whole deal, but Dick was pretty used to it. He didn't say a whole lot at first, and he seemed pretty pissed in general, so I kept my mouth shut. After he got a couple slugs of the 24 oz Coors he out of his cooler into him he loosened up a bit, and boy o boy did he have allot on his mind.

After He hollered at all the SS guys that were surrounding us in six or seven other drift boats to back off or he would have them all transferred to Guam, he started in:

He said W was "pussy whipped" by Condi, and that what we needed was a 3 front war against Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran, and that Iraq should have been "Our Goddamned parking lot by now". He started over casting and thrashing the water, spitting out sentences between slugs of Coors and punches of his fly pole. "Turn all the Stans into Puerto Ricos Then get that prick Putin"... "Colin can lick my balls" .... "Kerry is limp wristed traitor from Massachusetts" ... "They served fucking enchiladas on Air Force One"...

At some point, a Mule deer doe standing dumbly by the water looking at the flotilla caught Dicks eye. He pointed at the deer with his fly pole and bellowed out of the corner of his mouth, "BLAST THAT FUCKER". Silence. The SS guys were terrified of him, but I think they thought it was a bad idea to open up on the doe. If one shot went off the that canyon, all 60 men in Black would have riddled everything within 2 miles full of depleted uranium ordinance. You could have heard a pin drop, everyone was waiting to see what Dick was gonna do, and to everyone's great relief, he started to pick up his line. The storm seemed to be over, but he did mutter "Pansies" under his breath. It was the damnedest thing, but there was a 22" Brownie on the end of his line.. Honestly I think one of the scuba guys slipped it on there because the thing came in like a big hunk of algae was cross eyed and pretty well done.

A couple minutes later he asked me if I was a Republican (It was the first time he really spoke directly to me all morning), I don't know where I got the courage, but I said I was a Ron Paul guy. He look at me with his steely blues, paused a second, then said, "That's alright- we SHOULD privatize every fucking thing".

Then there was the whole insane deal at the ramp with the Code Pink chick, but I am going fishing today so I gotta go... man what a day that was.

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I don't believe you.

4. Water Flogger

Water Flogger Howdy neighbour!!

Pure awesomeness.

Four Frickin stars, I just choked on my coffee.

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I believe mini-e.
    I read a story about "Dick" and fly fishing and I bet it happened just like that.
    mini-e ya got to finish the story about the "Code pink chick" gotta be a great read.

6. mini-e

mini-e New Member

Well, DUH!

7. loose ferrule

loose ferrule New Member

mini-e, you are a giant in the WFF community!!! :thumb:

just when it appears that the community has regressed into a single-celled protozoan brain mass ... you provide hope and inspire us to a higher calling ... bawling:

8. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

I didn't believe much of the Story, but it was fun reading.

Keith

9. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Sorry mini-e. I didn't recognize your parody.

10. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

That story is true, I read it in a fly fishing magazine. :beer1:

11. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Hey, I've got an idea. When this thread has run it's course, let's start talking about religion.

12. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

This thread ran it's course a long time ago!!!

13. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

What about the "Code pink chick" Tell me more!!!!

14. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

Gotta' jus' luv "Pink"....whatever it is, eh? :eek:

15. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

mini-e

You said your sister dated Cheney's daughter for awhile and she didn't like Dick?

Well no wonder.