For those who quit peeing in the shower....

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
As a rebellious youth I peed in the shower at home all the time. A few years later I stopped doing it when I realized nobody cared as I was peeing in a shower at my own home...

This is nothing new. All hardcore cold water surfers know that you must pee in your suit whenever you go surfing, so that it will run down into your booties, preventing any fungal growth there. If you go surfing several times per week, the surf booties never get an opportunity to fully dry out, so they must be regularly doused, as a preventative measure.

Weekend warriors may not be aware of this problem, nor its solution.
Plus you get warmed up for about 20 seconds

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
search and rescue up here mentioned to me one day that a good percentage of fishermen they have to pull out of lakes have their flys open.....me thinks it best to pee in bailer then dump and rinse.....:)
I agree. I will bring along brand new, never-before-used "bailers" for anyone else that fishes with me on my john boat. I usually have a couple of spares along. I don't loan out my personal bailer.:D

And, if you use the bailer (usually a poly milk jug with the top opening cut larger), you get to keep it and take it with you after we return to the launch!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
I agree. I will bring along brand new, never-before-used "bailers" for anyone else that fishes with me on my john boat. I usually have a couple of spares along. I don't loan out my personal bailer.:D
In my boat we share everything except my lunch...