Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

for what it's worth

NFR 
4K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  Tug 
#1 ·
I was low on pipe tobacco, so it necessitated a drive to Bellingham to Fairhaven Tobacconists for a refill yesterday. On the drive both there and back, some three hours each way, with a side trip to the rockfish Grill in Anacortes for lunch (If you haven't hit the place, do so!), I saw NO political signs for I-594. Not one! Saw plenty of "NO on I-594" signs, and plenty of "Yes on I 591" signs, and a demonstration put on by a bunch of flag-waving patriots in Burlington yelling "Yes on I-591" though! It gives me hope that Bloomberg can't buy an election no matter how much the bastard spends! I hold out hope here!

#4 ·
no need to be disappointed-I expect this abortion to pass, but nobody--and I mean NOBODY--here will pay any attention to it. That comes from the Sheriffs of our counties, who've already said they won't bother when it comes to enforcement. They have more important things to do. Seems that that's the way of it now. New York's upstate Sheriffs, the rural guys in Colorado, pretty much nobody will bother with these idiot "gun control" schemes. After all, as I say, if this bullshit actually worked, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, Oakland CA, and all the other places with good "brady" ratings wouldn't have much violence. Too bad that's not reality, is it!

#6 ·
The worry might be that even if it was ignored in general, if something should happen, the local DA would jump in with both feet.

An example might be loaning a gun to a friend for a hunting trip. Should an accident occur on the hunting trip and it came out that the weapon hadn't been "properly transferred" through a licensed dealer, the shit storm would begin. At the very least the loaner would be out big bucks for lawyers.

#7 ·
If they won't enforce it why are you so upset about it?
It's what they call a "first step", leading to registration, and ultimately confiscation. I can't understand why people want to do something useless when they can have an impact working to ID crazies. Looks to me like the signs are usually there, like this kid in Marysville, or the kid in Santa Barbara, or the "batman" dipshit, or the little bastard in Sandy Hook. Go after the insane and the criminals, in a big way. The insane should be treated, or permanently put away if they can't be cured, and the scum should be turned into cat food.

#9 ·
That's called a slippery slope in logic. Cmon Alex you know that will never happen

#14 ·
So, looks like Bloomberg succeeded in buying himself an election. Remember when there was this huge outcry on the Citizens United decision; how wrong, unfair, mean-spirited, and just bad the left said that was? Where's that chorus now, I wonder.... Well, here's to Mikey and the Huffington Post-both of them believe I'm an "extremist" because I take the 2nd Amendment literally...fuck them. I'm gonna continue to be an "extremist", and will continue to put rounds downrange on a regular basis. Hell, I might even up the ammo count back into the thousand-round range. Guess I'll need to get a progressive reloader!

#16 ·
It's sad that the left has such a narrow minded view about what they believe in and anything outside of these beliefs or opposing these beliefs automatically makes you an extremist or bigot. Civil debate about the 2nd ammendment and other topics quickly leads to name throwing and chidish behavior.

On a positive note the GOP swept the Senate.

#19 ·
I watched an interview with the campaign manager for I594 this morning and he clearly stated this is the beginning. Beginning of what? By the way there were several home grown billionaires that contributed to this shit. The extreme rich making a bid to control the unwashed masses. Next might be your right to drink oversized sugary beverages.

I gave all of my guns away yesterday and for some reason I can't remember the cat's name that I gave them to. I'll get back to you on that.

#23 ·
I went to the lower edge of the property and put about 50 rounds thru the 57 and another 50 or so thru the Kimber Custom to celebrate. My neighbor came out and watched for a few minutes and then asked what the hell was I pissed off about. I told him someone had stole all my guns. The puzzled look on his face was priceless.

#45 ·
This is one of the very reasons I hardly post hear any more. I love the cast and blast forum, Stillwater and steel heading... But I disagree with a lot of folks and dipshits. So most of the time I don't say peep and just throw a like or two. It's amazing the shit people rite on here.

#47 ·
Don't let the bastards get you down, Bob. They're just hemorrhoids on the rectum of life . . . many more of us enjoy your posts. I don't even use the ignore function; when I see such posts, I just give thanks that I am who & what I am. Hang in there.

#48 ·
Im trying Jim! I think we are all getting away from the "cast and Blast" I get that people want to voice there views on politics ,But come on! Aren't we supposed to post pics of hunts,guns and good time's with friends? This is getting to be to much for me. I would like to say a lot more and point fingers at who I think is a joke, but ill take the high road. Always the voice of reason Jim, Thank you! Give me a call some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.