Force Fins

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Chef, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    True...LOL I saw some yellow Renegades on You Tube, so got excited, but Dave told me, people complained that they show the dirt too much.
    I guess I like it dirty...he, he,he.

2. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Chef, I think we need to recruit you for the Omak outing. The Hoh guys will have Jerry and Lonnie so we should get you and Ive for our chefs!

Blue, that's too bad about the yellow boat. Tell Dave to make you a custom one! As for my floatilla, the ones I listed were only part of it, there are many more. I figure just like shoes, you gotta have the right boat for the occassion, LOL!

If you get a chance, PM your thoughts on the Cardiac vs Renegade. I bought Watermaster this year but I still prefer my Cardiac and Escalade (as a float tube). Larry T told me I should try a Renegade so I'd love to hear your view as you have owned both. I need to sell some boats but I'm still looking for one good enough to make me get rid of a bunch though I know there will never be one that does it all.

3. jumbo215

jumbo215 Jasper hickman

If you guys like FF's gotta try the FF pro models, quite a bit stiffer and much more thrust. In response to what the guy acually said to you, I belive the kickboat specialty fins FF's produces are not nearly as well suited as the original FF design. Feels like limp noodles on your feet

4. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    You are right: Pro: Polyurethane, Stiffness 92 / rebound 85
    Float Tube: Polyurethane, stiffness 87/rebound 78
    Interesting.

I thought the Float Tube were plenty stiff, but then I wear my Omegas allot, and wear the FF when the water is choppy and wind.

5. salmotrutta77

salmotrutta77 New Member

those fins are similiar to the force fins i have . they're yellow and they match my outcast fat cat(yellow). im looking for a pontoon of the same color? any one got a yellow pontoon boat for sale???

6. mojo

mojo Member

Chef, don't worry about what someone says about your gear. Like a previous poster said, if they get you where you want to go, then they're the right ones. As far as Force Fins go, I had the adjustable ones for tubing an' toonin'. I got Omega Flip Fins and ended up selling the Force Fins.
    I like the Flips a lot more than the Force. Personal preference.
    Chef, did you get my PM the other day?

7. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

Can't comment on Flips and sorry if I'm going off on a tangent. I have an old 90s pair of Force Fins that looks to have the same dimensions as the fins in Chef's photo. They were never real easy to get on over my old lightweight Orvis flat-soled booties that provided zero ankle and arch support; frequently got cramps in the soles of my feet from kicking. After I recently purchased Seasoft Stealth dive boots (with good ankle and excellent arch support) I had to really work to get the tether cords and straps around the heel of the boots. The rubber heel pads disintegrated years ago too. I fashioned new straps and padded tether cords that are approximately 3 inches longer, and my wife made up new heel pads from 3mm neoprene koozies folded over (doubled) and stitched. They fit and feel good, and were always very efficient at moving me through the water. Now they are easy to get on and off in seconds sitting down on the seat of my Kodiak. Who cares if the Force Fins don't fold up. No reason to go off and spend $150 on another pair of fins, even if I can sell the Force Fins to get a little of the money back.

8. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    But Omega had a deal for a short time. Buy one pair at that $169. and get a second pair for FREE. So, my brother and myself paid $85. each for the flip up. Nice thing is, I bought the Force Fins back a few years at Sportsmans for $100. and see they now sell for $199. So, Mojo used his for about 8 years and turned around and sold them for the same price he paid for them. I in turn bought Mojo the brand new yellow Omega's from NFO. I on the other hand still have my FF and the olive Omegas....I admit it, I am woman and I love all shoes...LOL