Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Force Fins

Wanted 
924 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  David Loy 
#1 ·
Looking for a pair of adjustable Force Fins. Anybody have some they no longer use? These will need to be the adjustable as they are going to be shared between my wife and kids, depending on who draws short straw and goes with me.

Thanks

#5 ·
Bought the Omega flip fins, didn't like them at all, returned them, I tried out a buddies force fins and I loved them, looking for a pair myself. Will likely pick some up at the new Cabelas when they open. (Would rather buy from a local shop but have a 200 dollar gift certificate to use up at Cabelas).

#7 ·
Still prefer the Omegas. I have small snorkeling fins for my girls (thanks to Mark!) and a set of adjustable force fins for the Mrs, my own occasional use or for visitors. Every time I use them I'm more confident that I like the Omega flip fins.

#9 ·
I've had mine for two full years. No problems so far except the loop tab on the back is not the ideal fin tether attachment point. Better to attach your tethers around the full rear strap.

#10 ·
I have had mine for over three now. I had to replace one buckle on the back of mine, but I threw them quite a distance on cement so absolutely my fault.

Oh, and I was able to thread the rubber through the broken clip and still use them, but I do recommend, (like a spare tire) get a full extra rear strap for spare.

#11 ·
I think you will find the Omega flip hinge part built to last. That was pretty cool, they just weren't right for me. I found that my legs tired out early with them as they took a lot of effort, yet they do move you along fast. I am guessing that if you have strong legs then the Omegas will be great for you. I am getting older and need something that is a little less work.

#12 ·
I felt the same way, but lately I have found the opposit. For so many years with smaller float tube fins, Caddis Browning, Turtle, & FF, I learned to kick with the scooping motion like bouncing a child on your foot.
So that was my movement with the Omega's. Took me several outtings to realize you need very little movement with them. Ever break the surface with your fin tip? I have never needed to lift the Omega that far. Plus by fluttering your feet like a swimmer, you mive on the up and the down stroke.
You just need to change the way you have been using fins, I think, and they really require less energy. At least for me.

#13 ·
Force fin fan here. I just upsized to some XXLs as my feet grew. The XLs could be for sale if someone wants them. They're many years old and not shiny anymore but have no rips, tears or errors and many years left. Or I'll just keep them for snorkeling. Personally I'm not a fan of the adjustable FFs. Too bulky IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.