Force Fins

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Troutcreek, Mar 5, 2013.

1. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

Ok, you convinced me now too. Now, tell me how to size Force Fins... Take for instance, size medium shoe size 9-10, is that with bare feet or shoes in the fins? I'm asking because my current fins require my wading boots. Do you use shoes with these fins? Thanks in advanced

2. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

You need to take your boot with you to test the fins. I wear a size 9 wading boot but was told a L size fin, but when I got to the shop I ended up with a XXL Force Fin. Needed the extra space for individual wading boot.
    Good Luck if you are getting used pair unseen.

3. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
  4. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Blue
    I thought you had multiple colored ones to match each outfit!! Hot Pink, Blue, Yellow and of course the standard Black that goes with everything.

troutpocket likes this.
  5. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

I have the flip fins and they move some serious water. I really like them

6. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

OH you mean my FORMAL wear
    [​IMG]
    I was talking my everyday fins;)

dryflylarry, Mark Mercer and GAT like this.
  7. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Oddly enough, I owned a pair of adjustable Force Fins and every time I wore them, my legs would cramp up. Eventually, I switched back to full-foot scuba fins and the legs cramps disappeared. I sold the Force Fins.

I've tried many different fins and I always go back to the scuba style with the full foot. Guess I'm a weird duck.

8. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Not so odd, no weird duck. Many of us know and appreciate the difference between the adjustable vs. the regular force fins.;) You have to compare apples to apples.

9. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

force fins are great. got some Outcast fins to try this year. like that i can wear my boots with the Outcast. not as good as Force fins for movement.

10. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

I've had a pair of Force Fins since the early/mid 90s before they made the adjustable boot fins. I really like them for stillwater and they propel me pretty well in my old U-Boat and my Water Master. I think they would be too long for wearing in rivers and use Outcast, or Water Master felted/studded boot fins for that.

When wearing the Force Fins over a pair of lightweight Orvis booties I had to be careful not to allow my foot to curl over on the up-kick or would tend get painful cramps in my feet because the sole had so little support. I recently bought a pair of 6mm Seasoft Ti Stealth Dive Booties with some very substantial soles designed to provide support while carrying SCUBA gear over rocky shores. I wear a size 11 street shoe but had to get a XXL - 13/14 bootie to fit over my waders. But I found they are still painfully tight if I wear a thick pair of socks or two that I would normally wear with wading boots, so on my next stillwater outing next month I am going to see if the 9mm of wader/bootie neoprene and the booties' "Titanium Flake Foil Technologyâ„¢ for heat retention" over a thin liner sock will be enough to keep my feet warm. If not I'll have my heavy socks, wading boots, and Outcast fins as a backup and put the Force Fins and booties up for sale and pick up a pair of Adjustable Force Fins or Omegas.