Forks fights to keep killing wild steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Steelheadjunky, Apr 13, 2004.

1. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

I don't think the right of Mayor Reed and her minions (doesn't look like there are too many of them) to express their opinion has ever been at issue. Of course, she has the right.

And except in the minds of a few misguided guides on this board, the stupidity of her opinion has never been at issue either. Of course, she is wrong.

How a little town living as it does on the tax money of the I-5 Corrridor can afford to conduct a legal battle is beyond me.

Personally, and everyone must make his own best choice according to his conscience, I have decided to never forget this. I will boycott Forks until the day I die or their attitude toward destroying the resource changes.

A pox on that that little malignacy.

Bob :beathead

2. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Active Member

"Take nothing but pictures leave nothing but your tracks"

Unbeleivable they are taking this position, guess I will not be staying in Forks when I take my OP dream steelhead FF trip fellows. Whats the next closest town to the park which has motels with a shower, soft bed, and a convienence store close by? Thats all I need when I am into a hard core steelheading trip. LOL

I really feel for you WA steelheaders on this issue.

:beathead :beathead

BG

3. mcoomer

mcoomer Active Member

Hey Bob, you feeling alright? Just wondered, because you forgot some catchy signature like...Bob, the I forgot my catchy signature, Lawless. :+

Mike

4. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

Sorry about my signature. Might give it up just to do something different.

I stay at a beauty of a motel down the road a piece ($40).
    Free coffee (you make) sattelite TV. ( no dirty channels, unfortunately). Small liquor store. Japanese restaurant (haven't tried it). It's south of the Queets some, not much. Can't think of the name of the town.
    Maybe someone else knows about this.
    Bob, the slaggard lately on my signatures
    ;)

5. Brian Simonseth

Brian Simonseth Banned or Parked

There are guys/gals that fish for steelhead 200 days a year. I think this will put a bad taste in there mouth.
    Mayor has flip flop on this issue.

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Who cares?

We are talking about the city council of Forks. Who are they? I doubt that this city council really has all that much political clout. They should stick to garbage rates and bike paths like other small town city councils.

If I had a fishing trip planned to the Forks area I would go; eat in their resturants; buy gas at their gas stations; stay in their motels; etc. I would not voice my opinions on fish management unless someone asked me what my opinions are and I would not ask anyone their opinion. I would fish and release anything I caught providing I indeed caught something.

7. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    While I respectfully disagree with the City of Forks formal position and action on the moratorium, I also recognize their right to file a petition with the higher government. We all have that right.

When I saw the petition they are promoting it was identified as being from "The Sportsman of Washington". I have not been able to identify this group anywhere. The petition was circulated all over the Olympic Peninsula for the past few months. It never mentioned the City of Forks, or the Forks Forum newspaper, or it's editor George McCormick, as being behind it.

"Each toy seems prologue to some great amiss"

State Representative Jim Buck,(R-Joyce, WA) has joined the anti-moratorium fray,(as well as, supposedly, "10 state senators and other Representatives"; per The Peninsula Daily News today), and they aren't kidding. They have more political and financial clout than most people understand.

Of all the posts above; the one with reference to writing your state legislators makes the most sense to me. Start writing. Get involved. Now.