Found at Outdoor Emporium

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Porter

Porter Active Member

In fairness it has been several years since I have seen you at Orvis. Four or five years ago when I bought my first Poppers from you and you explained how to cast/strip them to me. Before that you fitted me for my first Orvis waders...2000, 2001, 2002 ? No idea. I'll be back probably this early fall...time for new waders. Had two pairs from Orvis and they are top notch in my book. Other visits to Orvis you were absent.

2. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Fly shop alzheimer's?
    A rare condition, only known to affect fly fisherman working in a fly shop. Thought to be caused by too much talk about fishing.
    Only known cure; Fishing

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

bandy, you nailed it in a sense, cure or treatment is getting out, camping, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and absolving your mind of everything that might be considered important. I love being out on multi day trips and eventually having know idea of time or what day it is. Life is simple then. Life is good then.

4. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

The first time I met Leland, he and Jason straight up laughed at me for wanting to start fly-fishing for steelhead. I started anyway, and just look at all the chromers I've roped! Hahahaha!

Aw shit...

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Fess up Leland... where did you set-up the sweat-shop? :D

6. sourdoughsmitty

sourdoughsmitty Member

the only reason jim teeny pattented his teeny nymph was to keep commercial entities from copying it and profitting from it ,he always encoraged the private guys that tie their own flies though