FS Free Fluorocarbon!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by wadin' boot, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    I have a spool of fluorocarbon that is yours! It is very special fluorocarbon, 6X, 3.6 lb. I can guarantee that this fluorocarbon will not let you land any fish. It will break. Like it did this weekend when a fish that was likely right around 3.6 lb made a simple inhalational gulp of a well presented dry fly. I struck, the FC snapped. It won't even permit the satisfaction of landing a 1 lb fish, let alone a 1/2 pounder. So why would you want it then you say?

This fluorocarbon is better than any psychological therapy. It induces a kind of self-examination and mood torment that might be described as serotonin diminshing, dopamine removing, opiate inhibiting and blood pressure elevating. It will result in constant disappointment and sorrow. But wait, there's more, it also leads to anger, frustration, and provocation of expletives. All of which, if you are prone to self reflection, can lead to new insights into yourself, your techniques, your gear, and motivations. It will lead to the kind of joy you can only know when you are forced to rationalize with that stupid/fantastic cliche of "that which will not kill me makes me stronger." Yes this fluorocarbon will make YOU stronger, and I will no doubt be better off when I no longer have what has proven a kind of piscatorial kryptonite in my possession.

Furthermore, if you have a gentle snag on say a piece of grass that might normally pull free, this magic FC will not do so, and you will most likely lose your fly, particularly if you are terrible at finding grass colored flies in a veritable overhanging bank full of grasses. Think of the joys of playing Where's Waldo, only for your flies! They are there, you know it to be true, but they are not there because you can't see them, because of the blinding anger, impatience, lens and retinal miscommunications and mild intention shakes that limit your concentration, your motor abilities and your vision!

The good news is, this fluorcarbon is so thin and imperceptable, that fish are none the wiser that the imitation they are about to attack is attached to a piece of what amounts to a stalagtite of dried saliva. Meaning if you are halfway competent and can present a fly to a run of fish, you will, guaranteed, experience these self-revelatory joys. So, friend, there is a spool of emotional miasma on my porch that, gratis, you can take with you!

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I used Berkely Vanish and it was the worst fluoro I ever used. (This was 10 years ago). It was good for one fish and the leader by the hood would be so roughed up. P-Line, Rio and Climax were much better choices for me. I currently use a lot of Rio fluoro as it's the most common product over here.

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

So awesome Boot! Thanks for the laugh!

4. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

LOL..... oh the humanity!

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Does it come with any 7x? You ain't feeshin right unless you art tippi g your 6x with a foot of 7x.

wadin' boot likes this.
  6. Chase

Chase Member

I would like to take you up on your offer of free fluorocarbon line. You make a convincing argument to use it. Will you ship it?

7. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:

No, the offer includes a journey, your journey, specifically to my porch. Which is close to the bong shop and "Wine World and Spirits Too". Think of it a little like Cain's on Kung Fu, only with less ju-jitsu and more shit-zoo. Parking is typically limited, the chance of car vandalism a notch or two below stretches of the Cedar though homeless guy counts are similar. Consider it the beginning of your adventure, grasshopper.

Incidentally, this fluorocarbon specifically CAN NOT HANDLE grasshopper flies. How do I know? Well let's just say that hypothesis has been tested...

8. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

You're in rarefied air Boot. Harry Lemire used to clip flies at the bend. "The tug is the drug".
    Good on you for selflessly limiting your contribution to this blood sport, and offering zen to the masses.

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

Hell I'm having problems with regular leaders now. Right out of the package they break. I've stepped up to heavier tippets. And they tend to break. I resort to babying the fish and not to set the hook like your towing a car. Steady pressure seems to work.

10. PT

PT Physhicist

11. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

12. PT

PT Physhicist

You're not serious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.