Full Sink 4wt

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by TANGLES, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Rob Hardman

Rob Hardman Active Member

Ive mentioned something about that too. Could you guys explain that a little more?

2. kmudgn

kmudgn Active Member

I have a 4wt full sink line made by Scientific Anglers. As far as I know they were the only one to offer FS in that weight. I have had it for over 5 years, but believe that they still sell it. It is not my favorite line, but when you need it, you need it.

3. Steve Unwin

Steve Unwin Active Member

RIO definitely has them in 4wt.

4. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Ive made a great point for those of us on a budget. I'm thinking of getting a type 6 or 7 full sinker in a 5 wt, so I can use it on my 4 wt thru 6 wt rods. I don't want to have to spring for both a 4 wt and a 6 wt in this kind of line, when one will do.

5. Guy Gregory

Guy Gregory Active Member

Second for the SA 4wt sinker. It doesn't sink very fast, but sink it does. I never considered a 7wt sinker, or a sinking head/running combination, great ideas both, but hey, maybe when my 4wt wears out.

6. airedale

airedale Member

Rob......when i strip the line in to see if the fly is still there or i've picked up some weeds, i flip 30' or so out in front of me and as soon as it hits the water, i'm into my back cast......there's your load.....i've never had a need to haul the forward move as i'm either chronie fishing straight down in 30-60' or very slow trolling a leech or a dragon down deep......
    and i'm kinda upset the reference to one of my favourite movies was passed.....:(

Rob Hardman likes this.