Fusion

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Blue, Apr 8, 2014.

1. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Blue, we used to shoot carp in E.WA. with our hunting bows...it was a blast! Several large ponds with banks 20-30 high and we would sight fish as they were cruising. In washington you are able to hunt big game from a boat as long as it's forward motion had stopped. I had to quit bowhunting about 10 years ago due to back issues, and I still miss it. You are going to have a great time on the Fusion, easy to see so many possibilties.

2. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    The Green is very visible from a distance. To me this is a big plus.
    [​IMG]

People come close enough to me on my X5, I just want to be sure they see me on the Fuzion.
    Top and bottom are white....like a cloud LOL

3. SHigSpeed

SHigSpeed Active Member

I really like the concept of this boat. The way I see it it's the best of having a pram (standable, rowable, motorable) and a float tube (kickable, portable). Now I don't plan on ever adding a motor so the ONLY reservation I have about this platform is the goofy rowing ergonomics. If the oarlocks could somehow be elevated to allow normal length oars that come together mid-stroke to aid in tracking, it'd be a grand slam in my opinion.

I've actually considered making a solid one from foam and fiberglass with this modification for car-topper transportation but I find my free time lacking.

I'd LOVE to try one some day though...

_SHig

4. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Wished I lived closer SHig. I like your style. And you would find the rowing is not bad. I used a Scotty glue on for my sonar. I am sure you could adapt one for the horse shoe rod holders with a little imagination. I am not going to try however, it really isn't broke.

5. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

How does the low profile handle wind? I'd think it'd be better than a toon.

6. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    I didn't put the skegs on yet so I battled the wind pretty much like on my Predator. I have been told the Skegs will make a difference. Next trip out I will use them. Bad thing is, got Easter this weekend with family and next weekend at a Fly Tying Expo in I.F. I want to take it with me and hit some water on the way back.

One thing I did find out. With it sitting flat in the water, when I tried to pick it up buy the handles under the bags, it is like a giant suction cup. List the foot bar first and it is a piece of cake.

7. SHigSpeed

SHigSpeed Active Member

So are the skegs on the twin front hulls or on under the motor end? Seems like you'd have to have them on different ends depending on which way you planned to move...

_SHig

8. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    You could be right in that I do go backwards most times. With them on and me sitting higher, I will try going forward and then they are in the right spot. But, I have been town then track better even going backwards. I don't think it is bad without, but better could be good.

9. Phil Erickson

Phil Erickson Member

I bought this boat, and after putting it together I thought it was a little heavy. NFO website says it weighs 28 pounds but mine with nothing on it weighs 45 pounds. I'll have to think of some type of wheel system if I want to fish Lenice.

10. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Seriously? Mine feels heavier but not 45lbs. I know with it laying flat in the water, I tried to pick it up and it was like a suction cup. I had to lift the front first which worked out great. I just weighed mine rolled up and got 30lbs. What are you filling yours with...LOL

11. Phil Erickson

Phil Erickson Member

Maybe the air is heavier in Washington. Mine is a different color than yours, it's blue and white with a orange strip.

12. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Cool, I didn't know they came in different colors. Can you post a picture?