Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Loomis GL3 rod 5 wt.

Wanted 
3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  shotgunner 
#1 ·
Hello all

I am searching for a 5wt G. Loomis GL3 rod - mine was destroyed recently in a Car accident. Your help is appreciated. The original rod was intrumental in helping me deal with PTSD/Depression. Sure would like to replace it.

Doc Plantz
HM1, SFIDC, FMF, USN, Vet

#2 ·
Are you original owner? G.Loomis might replace it or make you a good offer on a new rod, which you could turn and sell while your search for the GL3 continues. ???

Those were/are a nice underrated rod (MHO). They are tough to find in the 5 weight. Did you have a 2-4 piece?

#6 ·
Doc,
I would take Porter's advice and reach out to Loomis to see if they can help you with a replacement rod. They had stopped making four pcs back when I broke mine years ago but they were still making two pc models.

There is a two pc, 9' 5wt GL3 for sale rated in excellent condition on tradenstuff.com

Hope you find a replacement rod.
SF

#7 ·
G Loomis will have two options for you. Pay $75 for expedited service. Which for the GL3 would include a brand new pro4x as a replacement to your GL3. Your admitting the damage was caused by a out side source not related to a rod defect.

Or, pay $100 to have your rod inspected and damage determination made at the factory, the GL3 will be replaced with a Pro4x, but cost more in the long run.

Also, the expedited service gets a rod mailed to you in days. Repair inspection will take much longer, net result being the same at a greater cost.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear of your recent misfortune.

Rob Allen (member here) has built and replaced individual sections for a couple different people. Steve Godshall (Oregon Speywerks) offered to do the same for a friend of mine when the tip section of his Loomis IMX 9' 3wt broke.

Just a thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.