Gangs in rural Grant County?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by casaboba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

Hey Hey Hey Hey, quit boobing I mean bashing Yakima. Were just a little old town with "girls gone wild". As far the bikini girls in Yakima there nothing more than large thingamabobbers, you see them during the bikini hatch on the Yakima all the time.:):p

Now admit it that is why you guys come over during July and August isn't it. :beer1:

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
  3. gt

gt Active Member

people smoke pot to get mellow. they don't then get behind the wheel and endanger their fellow citizens. mellow is the state of mind they are after and that translates to a private environment not driving home from some bar with you and me on the road. i would legalize this in a heart beat as it is still the major money producer for the illegal drug trade and would become a great source of revenue for any state who moved forward on this notion.

and keep in mind, if you drop the hammer, you could be the one serving time. get the facts regarding shooting another human being, ahead of time, so you can think through your options with a clear mind way ahead of any split second situation, you just might be surprised. and the caliber of your choosen firearm makes zip difference if you can't shoot to kill, 'cause thats what you are talking about here, so be realistic with yourself, you will have a lifetime to live with the consequences.

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

The guy that crossed 3 lanes of traffic and killed my sister also thought smokin dope was harmless, and for him it was because althou you can blood test for Pot there is no way you can put a time line , except that they were high within the previous 12 hours. Thats why the bastard never did any jail time or paided a traffic ticket. So don't give me this B.S. that pot is harnless , thats just some dumb mother fucker pot head bullshit talkin shit !!!!

5. gt

gt Active Member

loosing a loved one is a terrible tragedy, sorry to hear your story.

6. kingpuck

kingpuck new to fly fishing but loving every minute of it

This thread is precisely the reason I'm planning on getting a concealed weapons permit and planning on carrying at all times while in the woods. I'm even considering carrying in the city. Quite frankly our police are stretched thin and can't be everywhere at once. It's to the point where I don't feel that "law enforcement" is sufficient. Even if they catch the guys what will they do, make them stay overnight and post a fine then let them go. Nothing like a little steal to make them think twice.

7. Philster

Philster Active Member

Well I just love the way the media and "enlightened folks" are dealing with police incidents. The cops are always wrong. An addicted homeless person who was a regular at the lockup is a "woodcarver". He may be. But his official title should be a "homeless man with long history of drug and alcohol abuse who was known to the local community as a woodcarver for tourist shops". he didn't drop the knife after how many requests? I don't speak russian, but if a russian cop is yelling at me with a sidearm out, and I'm holding a knife, the second thing I'm doing is dropping the knife. The first thing will be an involuntary response.

The one where the cop punched the girl? Since when is it okay for anyone, let alone a teenage girl to get in a cops face and lay hands on him. If they are that close, they can grab your baton, your mace, your sidearm... You need instant seperation, what do you do? Anywhere other than France, Wales and Scotland a punch to the grill will buy 3 to 5 feet in a nanosecond. In the aforementioned places the headbutt is the sanctioned move.

8. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Agreed on all accounts

9. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

The cops aren't always wrong, for example the videoed incident of cop punching stupid bitch for interfering with an arrest. Seattle cop Ian Burke used worse than bad judgment when he shot alcoholic woodcarver John Williams. I watched that tape three times. Sure, Williams should have dropped his knife, and if he were cognizant that he was even carrying it, he may have. Williams posed no imminent threat to anyone. Cop Burke of his own free will closed distance on Williams while telling him to drop the knife. All he needed to do was maintain some distance between Williams and himself, which wouldn't have been difficult since Williams was just ambling down the street in "open carry" mode. Instead Burke closed the distance while telling Williams to drop the knife three times and then firing at Williams four times. So for being drunk and stupid in public Williams was shot. Sometimes the cops do make mistakes. This was one of those times, and now Burke has to live the rest of his life persuading himself he had no alternative but to shoot Williams with clear, cogent, and convincing evidence to the contrary.

The take home lesson is that one should always obey a cop who has drawn his weapon. Otherwise you may end up dead, regardless of whether you're innocent or guilty of any crime.

Sg

10. Philster

Philster Active Member

It's easy to think that way. Williams was as they say "Well known to law enforcement authorities". We don't know the real details of info exchanged on that beat because no cop is going to come forward and support Burke by saying "yeah we all knew that woodcarver was getting more and more out of hand" because suddenly it's a blue conspiracy and they're in front of the Grand Jury or the Civilian Review Board. We don't know if the word was Williams was escalating in his aggressiveness, or failure to comply.

Kind of like fishing on a stretch of water where a land owner comes out everytime and yells at you even though you're below the high water mark. You exchange stories with your buddies about it. All of a sudden that landowner starts coming with a rifle and yelling at fisherman. Are you going to change your posture in that situation? Some will stop going because they don't want to be the one who's there when it escalates more. But everyone who does go will be on their toes. Cops don't have the option of avoiding a section of their beat. They have to go, and they have to keep a mindful eye out for "the usual suspects". You couldn't pay me to do that job, but I have nothing but respect for those that do. I believe I once read where G. Gordon Liddy said that cops should be "retired" from street patrol after something like 15 years. Can't remember the exact number. That putting someone too long under that stress was just inhumane.

Does it seem like a righteous shoot? No. Is it as black and white as the media puts it forth? No. Should Williams have been on the street in the first place? We can argue that.

11. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

On a serious note--Thanks Philster

12. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Burke's peers didn't support him because of the media, grand juries, or review boards, or conspiracies. They didn't support him based on the evidence. Burke didn't do anything illegal, but he made a bad decision, and the majority of reviewers agree. The evidence speaks for itself, which is why I decided to post in response to your choice of examples of police incidents caught on video.

Sg

13. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Burkes only mistake was "Tactical" young, enthusiastic and lack of experience. he didn't have to close the distance, but he did, the man with the knife, that the media now calls a "FIRST NATION WOODCARVER, (who had threatened to kill police weeks earlier, also on video) also had a choice. A tragedy for both sides.