Gangs in rural Grant County?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by casaboba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

12 gauge, 6 or more shot, short barreled shotgun loaded with #4 buck. Carry it slung across your back in plain sight. Even better, bring a friend also armed with a 12 gauge. A pistol will get you killed.

2. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I have lived here in Wenatchee for 20+ years and have hunted/fished Grant Co. all of that time.
    There are a lot of places I don't go anymore because of the mess (tags, garbage, etc.)
    I have not had any problems with gang type people.
    I will not be a victim, I will defend myself and you too.

3. Chloe's DAD

Chloe's DAD New Member

never leave home without dirty harry also there also a problem with the res and why do they have control over grant county pud and the shut down my r gate and if the mexicants wanna play they will be back across the border in a pine box where they came from shoot the illegal aliens not give them a shower and food and send them home cause they will be back for the same steak and shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

Being from oregon it would be nice to know what the wash. laws are for gun carry !

i know in oregon when ever you go to outdoor functions you can be armed - camping , fishing , hunting ! but also the laws are very strong on concealed carry . so i would suggest carry on hip or back like mentioned above ! i started packing a 44 mag with 7 inch barrel and had to read up on all the laws so i wouldn't get arrested myself ! i have a blonde hair pretty daughter and i also have a short barreled 20 gauge when ever i go camping and the such when she is with me ! that way if its dark in a camp and something happens you don't have to be that good of a shot !

i watch a lot of home defense shows and techniques in carry and protection of home and person , i would suggest the same for others if you are going to carry ! one thing they teach is never point a gun at someone unless you plan on using it to kill them or shoot them .

its also said that there is one sound like no other in the gun world that almost everyone knows , that is the sound of a pump shotgun ! the sound alone will tell someone to get the hell out of their , and not come back ! this would be good in a camp at night before things get to HOT ! thats why i have one in all my camps ! and at home - just the pump sound lets someone make a choice right away , and if they make the wrong choice you have already warned them !

with the epidemic of heroin in the city's and the crack problem and most our jobs going to out of country migrants because they speak two languages the homeless people problem is everywhere and they can get very desperate at times ! my daughter is schooled in martial arts and i had her trap shooting at age 10 by age 12 she owned 3 shotguns and knows very well how to use them ! and she killed her first buck at 12 years old ! people in the city disagree with this concept of arming yourself until something happens to them - then its to late ! be safe and learn the laws !

5. FlyFshn'Fool

FlyFshn'Fool Member

I don't know about Washington specifically, but I would heed the advice of those that are posting about this! This sounds all to familiar, similar to what is taking place in Arizona. Friends come to visit from the Midwest and they never knew I carried until I had to take action one evening. There is a reason I carry EVERYDAY and I also have two spare magazines with me as well. I am not going to be taken advantage of by a bunch of s*$&heads!

For those who are serious about protecting themselves and their families, I strongly encourage you to get some of the books written by Massad Ayoob! Very informative with very practical information. Also, I forget the name of the company, I would have to check, but there is an insurance company out of Texas that provides "just incase" insurance for those who carry. I believe it is around $300 for a year for a couple/family and should you get into an incident, they handle the lawyers and fees (lawyers who specialize in CCW laws and cases) and everything else that goes with it. Well worth it!

6. Jeff Hale

Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

If I wanted to carry a loaded, home defense type shotgun slung across my shoulders when out fishing, is it legal?

7. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

This thread makes me LOL.

No gangster wants a fly rod....

I have encountered gangmembers in the past, and if you are just respectful and treat them like people things will be fine. You think they go out to the lake at night to shoot fisherman?

nope...

8. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

oh, and if u really want to start gang problems, start carrying guns/shooting. that will help to ease any tension.

9. FlyFshn'Fool

FlyFshn'Fool Member

It has nothing to do with fisherman or fly rods! It has EVERYTHING to do with being in the wrong place at the wrong time! No, they do not care about us or our equipment. What they care about is moving their shipment, whatever it may be. If you are around when they have cargo to move, you are threat to them. If you see something, you are an even bigger threat. They have ZERO issue with taking you out to get their million dollar plus loads where they need to go. If the load doesn't arrive, they may be the ones who are getting "axed". It is not a game, believe that!

Not trying to attack you personally Dustin, or your posts. I just want to share with others the factual information that I have, to keep other outdoor enthusiasts and their loved ones safe.

As for carrying, it is not about starting a problem, it is about being able to protect yourself and those you love if you are in an unfortunate situation. Carrying is not about advertising that you have a firearm. In fact, those who let others know that they are carrying or try to show it off are looking for trouble. Carrying is also not about just carrying, it is about being responsible and accepting the consequences that may come about IF you need to used it. If you carry and question whether or not you could use it, should you have to, do everyone a favor and don't carry. You MUST be willing to pull the trigger if you have to and accept what comes after you do! Carrying is not a joke and just because the law says you can, doesn't mean everyone should!

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Yes

11. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

This

12. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

Last summer i was at Beda with a friend; some strange folks in the parking lot. we watched 'em walk off into the brush and said F it and put our boats in. Later on in the day i started noticing more WDFW officers in the area. When we pulled out they had the guys in hand cuffs and turns out they busted a new grow op out next to the lake. I'm sure its pretty common out there...

13. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Is that a twelve gauge in your waste band or are you just happy to see me?

14. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

All this is further evidence that if our society had half a brain, we would simply legalize drugs across the board. Gangs and cartels are only interested in drug manufacture and trafficking because of the huge profit potential. Legalize drugs and the profit potential becomes about the same as with tobacco and alcohol. Put the cartels (and DEA) out of work. Still put a shoot on sight tag on all gang members tho, making the world a better place, one dead gangbanger at a time.

Sg

15. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    I had a very uncomfortable situation at a state park on the west side of Puget Sound my first summer of researching for beaches to fish. There were four non-Hispanics, all adorned with gang tattoos, they were not fishing, crabbing or just out enjoying the splenders of the great Pacific northwest. I don't even like to remember it as I write about it. I have no doubt what so ever that if there hadn't been two other individuals in the immediate area I would have been a victim. I also figured out that I would never bring a fly rod to a possible gun fight again.