Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Get Preped - Saltwater Coho Fly Swap

Swap 
9K views 80 replies 11 participants last post by  dryflylarry 
#1 ·
SWAP SIGNUPS--CLOSED
I don't think there has been a coho fly swap for awhile. I'm starting to get antsy and thinking about late summer coho. I would enjoy seeing other's creations in a coho fly. I'm thinking of a "face to face" Tides Tavern" on Sunday (UPDATED) July 10 , 1:00PM for all to meet. Any takers? Tell me there are going to be a few coho around in August! You are not required to meet face to face, but it can be fun. Maximum of 12. UPDATE: For those that cannot meet at the "Face to Face", please mail your flies to me at your local post office by July 5, so I may pass them out and get yours back to you. $2.00 for return postage or self-addressed envelope. Don't forget to toe TAG your flies with name and your name. Thank you.

1) Ron McNeal
2) dryflylarry
3) Troutrageous
4) bennysbuddy--RECEIVED
5) mark m--RECEIVED
6) MysteriousWater
7) constructeur
8) DrCrush
9) Michael K. Smith
10) Mumbles
11) kelvin--RECEIVED
12) eric.carlson--RECEIVED

See less See more
#49 ·
Ok folks, so after going through a few sessions trying to crank out some good looking baitfish, I'm pretty unimpressed with my results, so in the interest of sending in something I think will actually catch fish, I'm switching to a euphausiid pattern, since I've seen many of you are tying streamer patterns already. I'll try and crank out two a piece since I have a good looking one that is a relatively quick tie.

#60 ·
July 10 is coming up soon. For those that are sending in flies and haven't, this is my current address:
Need to have those before the 10th to pass out at the "Face to Face". Thanks pals! Remember food and beers are available at the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor, and, the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is almost next door.
Larry Cote'
8860 Pacific Avenue NW- Apt. #6
Silverdale, Wa. 98383

#61 ·
Got constructeur's nice tube flies today! See some of you Sunday. I still have 3 or 4 to finish up. Mine is sort of a enhanced/modified/coho Stinger Popsicle Stick more or less. You know I like those colors!

#64 ·
Larry, thanks for meeting me today on short notice. I won't be able to make the face to face on Sunday. We just confirmed some family plans. I'll connect with you sometime over the next couple of weeks to get my bounty of flies! Thanks for hosting, meeting and the chat. I'll put that other fly to use as soon as I can get out there.

#68 ·
Great! It looks like there will be 6 of us at the "Face to Face". See you all there about Noonish! Don't forget your flies! Remember the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is almost next door to the Tides Tavern-Gig Harbor. Anyone lost can call me at 360-710-4835.

#70 ·
Well we all met around Noon at the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor today, and had a good time. We told lies, drank some beers, had some clam chowder, and met some new people from the WFF crazy site. And oh, we traded flies and ooooooed and awwwwwed at each others creations. I think everyone had some fun. We then wandered down to the Gig Harbor Fly Shop to see what could be found, but not before stopping to check out Michael K. Smiths new Ducati motorcycle! He took it out for a spin all the way from Shoreline! Those attending were Michael K. Smith, Dr. Crush, Ron McNeal, Mark M, Mysteriouswater, dryflylarry, and Banzai stopped in to chat with the group. Ron McNeal provided the professional photography. I will attempt to take some fly photos to post before sending others flies in the mail tomorrow. Thanks everyone for joining in the coho swap. Now let's see if we can pinpoint a few coho this year. Report back if you catch some nice coho on one of these flies! Thanks again everyone. It was great fun!

dryflylarry

#71 ·
Felt privileged to be there. The flies are great. One of em' (I ain't tellin' which yet) pulled a nice little cutty out at Southworth. Thanks again fellas.

-James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.