Swap Get Preped - Saltwater Coho Fly Swap

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
OK Pals, we have one dozen tiers. So that means you need to tie up 11 flies (12 if you want one for yourself).
Please read the section titled "How a Fly Swap Works" if you have not been in one. Reminder: If you are not attending the "face to face" swap at the Tides Tavern, then please get your flies in the mail on or before July 5 so I have them to pass out at the Tavern. There are good lunches available at the Tavern, and, the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is a one-minute walk away! Face to Face at the Tavern at 1:00 PM on July 10. Have fun tying! Crank those puppies out! -dryflylarry

I've decided I'll be tying up a herring/baitfish fly. Probably loosely based on Ferguson's herring from his book. I'll try and get a pic as I tie some up and make sure y'all approve.

kelvin

QUOTE=mark m;646286]Larry, I'll tie some of my BH flat wings.[/QUOTE]

Mark I think you need to tie a few extra for me
cant wait to see anything that some off you vice
I will most likely have it framed

I was thinking about a Puget Sound Flat Wing but now am thinking a Winged Squid
or some 88 cent Thai jobbies

View attachment 41947

Kelvin, those are both excellent looking ties, I look forward to which ever one you decide on. Sorry you can't get to the face to face but it sounds like you'll be wetting a line down south anyway, have a good trip.

Great Eric. I think they have a few salmon in California, right?
Yeah, a few :-(

I am relatively new to fly fishing and have never actually caught a coho on a fly, although I caught plenty on gear as a kid growing up in Ketchikan. Extrapolating from what I used to use and a bit of internet research, I am tying up a variation of the Purple Angel.

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Yeah, a few :-(

I am relatively new to fly fishing and have never actually caught a coho on a fly, although I caught plenty on gear as a kid growing up in Ketchikan. Extrapolating from what I used to use and a bit of internet research, I am tying up a variation of the Purple Angel.
Great! We will all be looking forward to it!