Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Get Preped - Saltwater Coho Fly Swap

Swap 
9K views 80 replies 11 participants last post by  dryflylarry 
#1 ·
SWAP SIGNUPS--CLOSED
I don't think there has been a coho fly swap for awhile. I'm starting to get antsy and thinking about late summer coho. I would enjoy seeing other's creations in a coho fly. I'm thinking of a "face to face" Tides Tavern" on Sunday (UPDATED) July 10 , 1:00PM for all to meet. Any takers? Tell me there are going to be a few coho around in August! You are not required to meet face to face, but it can be fun. Maximum of 12. UPDATE: For those that cannot meet at the "Face to Face", please mail your flies to me at your local post office by July 5, so I may pass them out and get yours back to you. $2.00 for return postage or self-addressed envelope. Don't forget to toe TAG your flies with name and your name. Thank you.

1) Ron McNeal
2) dryflylarry
3) Troutrageous
4) bennysbuddy--RECEIVED
5) mark m--RECEIVED
6) MysteriousWater
7) constructeur
8) DrCrush
9) Michael K. Smith
10) Mumbles
11) kelvin--RECEIVED
12) eric.carlson--RECEIVED

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't be able to make it, but I could definitely send some in. I've only really tied clousers for coho, but they aren't especially exciting, so I'll look through my copy of Fly Fishing For Pacific Salmon II to see if I can find something a little more interesting -- or end up doing a clouser in something other than plain white n pink. I'll run the idea past you first when I do decide.

#8 ·
Well.... hell yeah. This is a somewhat of an attempt at a little socializing event. Maybe you can get a friend to tie!! Just come on over anyway, flies or no flies. It doesn't appear there are many with coho fever just yet. I still have a couple other guys I'm pretty sure will participate. Pass the word!

#16 ·
Larry- I was just taking the piss in my last post; put me down for either small pink squid or a synthetic clouser. I'm more confident in the clouser, and more likely to fish it, but you mentioned no clousers to it's your call.

#24 ·
Larry, I can't take it any more. I've not tied a single fly since taking my new job. I'm in. No idea what I'll tie, but I'll come up with something. I think I'll tie up a popper. Not as awesome as Leland's, but I'll give it a go.

#32 ·
OK Pals, we have one dozen tiers. So that means you need to tie up 11 flies (12 if you want one for yourself).
Please read the section titled "How a Fly Swap Works" if you have not been in one. Reminder: If you are not attending the "face to face" swap at the Tides Tavern, then please get your flies in the mail on or before July 5 so I have them to pass out at the Tavern. There are good lunches available at the Tavern, and, the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is a one-minute walk away! Face to Face at the Tavern at 1:00 PM on July 10. Have fun tying! Crank those puppies out! -dryflylarry

#46 ·
I have received the "first" set of flies from bennysbuddy a few days ago. They are great! I will be down looking for a few trout in Oregon midweek to the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. Let's all hope there are some coho to chase this late summer and fall. Keep tyin!! I'll be a slacker and go play this week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.