Glacier National Park

msteudel

Mark Steudel
Had an amazing trip to Glacier national park. This park is made for Tenkara fishermen. There is so many lakes and streams with all sorts of fish in them. We mostly caught brooks, but a few lake white fish, cutthroat too. If you can hike in (my kids can't do more than 3 miles round trip) there's some great fishin for ya. Right out of Many Glaciers is a great stream for your kids. Shallow enough that both my kids (5 and 3) could wade and play, but still had lots of willing brookies.

On our way back out of glacier we found a spot to camp along the NF of the Clark Fork. We hooked into some real hogs there. My wife and I both landed 20+ inch fish out of one hole, it was a fabulous way to end the trip.

Attachments

I only see the last two pics for some reason. I love Glacier. All those little streams right next to the road were amazing. I expected them to suck, with so many visitors. But everyone is just whizzing by on the way to the next tourist stop. I didn't see another fisherman the whole time I was there. We caught mostly cutts, with a few brookies and one cuttbow thrown in.

dibling

Had an amazing trip to Glacier national park. This park is made for Tenkara fishermen. There is so many lakes and streams with all sorts of fish in them. We mostly caught brooks, but a few lake white fish, cutthroat too. If you can hike in (my kids can't do more than 3 miles round trip) there's some great fishin for ya. Right out of Many Glaciers is a great stream for your kids. Shallow enough that both my kids (5 and 3) could wade and play, but still had lots of willing brookies.

On our way back out of glacier we found a spot to camp along the NF of the Clark Fork. We hooked into some real hogs there. My wife and I both landed 20+ inch fish out of one hole, it was a fabulous way to end the trip.

Really sweet pictures. Whereabouts were you on the Clark Fork? I drove through to Missoula last year on highway 200 and am now regretting that I didn't stop!