Glass rods wanted!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by wrench, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench

wrench Member

If any of you kind folks have any old glass rods around collecting dust, I would be interested! Rods under 8' for the most part. Post here or email me at wrench@lclink.com
    Thanks,
    Keith

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

I've got a couple of brown Fenwicks plus a Fenwick spin/fly 4pc combo. A couple months ago, I would have offered them to you for free.

But I juist took one out for some dry fly casting on the Yakima last week and fell in love all over again with the slow, relaxed action.

Try searching on eBay as there are usually a couple dozen at any time. Also try Clark's Glass Rod Forum at: http://pub180.ezboard.com/fglassflyrodshopforumclassicglasstackleexchange

3. wrench

wrench Member

Thanks, Fortuna, I do buy stuff on ebay and Clark's web site as well, just always looking! If you like those old Fenwicks, you should try a Berkley Para/Metric.........what size Fenwicks you got?? I've got a couple of old brown Fenwicks, the 7.5' 6wt is probably my fav.
    Keith

4. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I'm going to cut back my inventory slightly due to some other recent expenditures NFR. I will sell my Fenglass 5'3" 2pc 4/5wt for $65 and my Lamiglass 6'6" 6pc 3/4wt for $150 not counting shipping. Both come with original sock and tube( actually the Lamiglass sock is partitions in the tube). I could also throw in a Pflueger 1834 with appropriate line for $55 or include an extra spool with appropiate line for another $25. For a total of $295 you could have both rods, reel and spool with lines and I would pay shipping or bring them to you. That's the retail on the Lamiglass (when you could still find them). Otherwise they will go on eBay. The Lamiglass is mint (only cast at Greenlake a few times...effortless casts to 50' by the way and I could push it farther to about 65') and the Fenglass is excellent.

Randy
    wrknapp@yahoo.com

" When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee" Isaiah 43:2

5. Southsound

Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

Keith...

I have an older South Bend 3108 - 8.5ft that I haven't even lined. Bought it used... think it is for 8wt line. Might be interested in trading for something. Let me know and thanks.

Steve

Hope is that Thing with Feathers..

6. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

>Thanks, Fortuna, I do buy stuff on ebay and Clark's
    >web site as well, just always looking! If you like
    >those old Fenwicks, you should try a Berkley
    >Para/Metric.........what size Fenwicks you got?? I've
    >got a couple of old brown Fenwicks, the 7.5' 6wt is
    >probably my fav.

wrench,

I've got a 7' 6WT 2 piece and a 8' 8WT 5 piece. The 8' is overkill for the type of fishing I do, but the little 7' 6WT is quite the sweet wand. I'd be interested in a more contemporary glass rod, perhaps in the 4 or 5WT range, and multiple piece. Any suggestions?

With two new bamboos that have yet to see a fish, I probably need another rod like a 5th wisdom tooth. But hey, that's what addiction is all about :-D

7. wrench

wrench Member

Hey Fortuna,
    Don't have any input on modern glass rods, all I have is old stuff. If I was to get one, would be Lamiglas, just cause I built/used so many of them as a kid. Very few of my rods go a year without getting wet, so many cricks and rivers around here they all get their chance. Do have several grass rods that haven't seen water in a decade or two, been slowly selling them off to raise $$$$ for things I will use.

8. wrench

wrench Member

Steve,
    That would be a bit much for most of what I do, but thanks for the note!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.