Going to Crab Creek who wants to come????

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Eric Denny, Apr 13, 2013.

1. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

TOO LATE. YOU PISSED US ALL OFF. ALL PRAISE THE KEEPERS OF THE HOLY OF HOLIES...CRAB CREEK!!!!

I have to agree that the less said about precise locations in the open forum, probably the better. But you're not running afoul of any secret code. I don't think anyone is REALLY trying to break your balls. There are plenty of well liked members of this site who have openly shared about "secret" places.

I think PM's are the way to go for most stuff, but if you wanted to invite some folks to go fishing with you, I'm not sure how else to do it.

AND, if you are not sure if you're secret is suitable for publication, just PM me the information. I will get back to you in a week or two with a determination about it's value ;)

Ben Swaner and flyfishingeric1 like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Active Member

Dont be the third guy in hiking in.....:eek:

David Dalan likes this.
  3. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

flyfishingeric1, don't sweat it. Believe me, Crab's not exactly a top secret spot, mostly evidenced by you seeing people while you were there. I've seen others there every time I've fished it too. I'm sure everyone has their secret spot they want to keep secret. People are right though- word can get around in a hurry on this forum. Washington state has a lot of fishermen and posting about a place is a good way to fish with a few more of your internet buddies. I've gotten a couple pm's telling me to hush up about a couple spots. But hey, it's a free world. If I think it's worth keeping quiet about, I certainly will. And if I'm keeping quiet about a spot, you bunch o' louses will never know.......

BTW, I probably would have gone with you that day, but the weather report scared me off.

flyfishingeric1 likes this.
  4. Eric Denny

Eric Denny Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!

Thanks David:cool: glad to see someone with humor!! and I was just trying to see if anyone in my area wanted to go I didn't know it was the honey hole or someones honey hole.lol I have been there a few times. And I always catch something but for the most part if you want to catch fish and spots are open like the spokane you can have much better luck. And I can think of a dozen spots in idaho that are better then this creek, the water is just a tad bit high. And if you are coming from the other side of the . you have a places that has 20+in I won't put the name up but i'm sure you know where I am talking about.

David Dalan likes this.
  5. Eric Denny

thanks thanks chad and yeah the weather was pretty bad but hey I don't know what can make a day of fishing a bad day. And I will keep you in mind next time I go and send you a p.m.

6. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Just so we are clear, I was joking about it being the creek that should not be named. More than anything I wanted to state that the creek does not have a single section on that is strictly C and R and most of is general regs. Welcome to the forum, read the main rules and don't worry about the nay sayers.

7. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

it has ticks, bigger than soda crackers, that jump several feet. stay away from all trees and brush. the 2 best times to fish it are the middle of winter and on days over 90 degrees. no snakes and no large ticks. mike w

8. teedub

teedub Active Member

I am not too sure twenty-thousand of the so called visitors were those who post six times, put their crap in the classifieds and never darken the door again.

9. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Move along folks, nothing to see here. These are not the droids you want.

10. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

bill , if you are at the meeting tommorrow nite you can explain what you just said, if there in one. is a droid that stuff you get caught in your throat and try hawking up with little success. mike w

11. rory

rory Go Outside

Home Page:
    There are no secrets, this is the internet. I don't think that people are going to go exploring just because a creek is named. I think the same people that are willing to put in the time are willing to take a risk and fish somewhere because they want to, not because someone on the forum told them to.

flyfishingeric1 and David Dalan like this.
  12. wa_desert_rat

wa_desert_rat Active Member

Home Page:
    I had to laugh at the idea that Crab Creek, which extends at least 100 miles, is a secret. Too early for the snakes... but the ticks might be out in enough numbers to make it exciting. :D

Craig

13. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    The more attention you guy's draw to this subject, the bigger deal it will become. Hence more lerker's, use pm's and quit giving goggle spider a reason to find such tread's. Every body give advice not rant, be happy.

14. Eric Denny

well thanks for letting me know I have just taken a few for some of the things I have posted on here. I have stated a couple of these and in everyone it seems I ask the wrong thing.lol

15. Eric Denny

Thanks rainbow that was all I was asking for advice..