Good luck at Green lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by NWstonefly, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I'd keep fish in the water if releasing them. If you need a photo, take it so that the fish does not get extra stress.

I'd post a report, but less precise. Next time you go to the dock by the bleachers you will find a ton of fishermen lining up searching for that brown.

Beautiful fish, way to find a gem in the center of metropolis.

underachiever likes this.
  2. NWstonefly

NWstonefly New Member

Thank you, I'll make sure to be a little more vague in my reports next time and to use my rubber net and keep the fish in the water.

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for taking my suggestions as offered and intended. I was not trying to be a buzz kill.

4. NWstonefly

NWstonefly New Member

I completely understand, I'm here to learn and any suggestions help.

5. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Or you could do exactly what you did in your original report if you find that posting about an urban fishery like Green Lake really doesn't increase the pressure that much, but please understand that how you post a report is up to you ultimately and your willingness to share will not be appreciated by some but other will love it. Both parties will make suggestions about what you do. It is a forum, people will read and some will act on it. If you want company and others to share information with be direct and specific. If you want to fish alone and learn alone, well don't report.

6. NWstonefly

NWstonefly New Member

I will take this into consideration, thank you for your thoughts. I joined this forum to learn, share, and meet new people to fish with and discuss trending fly topics.

7. NWstonefly

NWstonefly New Member

Great meeting you guys Monday out at the lake, hopefully ill see you soon on the water.

8. ScottD

ScottD Member

Great fish. Here's another Brown from the same area. I fished Green lake ~80 days last year and landed 4 Browns (so great catch to brake in a new reel). If you ever hit the lake in a tube, don't expect people to "respect" your space. I've been circled by kayaks and crew boats on more than one occasion...fishing close to home makes it worth it though

Attached Files:

Eric Tarcha, Irafly and troutpocket like this.
  9. NWstonefly

NWstonefly New Member

Great photo scottD, I have really under estimated green in the past but it is a great urban fishery. Maybe ill catch you out there when I get my pontoon.