Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Good luck to deer hunters

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Michael Dunn 
#1 ·
well it's that time of year again. good luck to anybody going out this weekend for the opener.
:beer2:

#27 ·
NFR-good luck to deer hunters

The biggest buck I have ever seen was spotted when I was driving along I 80 in broad daylight heading east out of Reno along the Truckee river. At first I thought it was a log floating in the river with big branches coming off it, but then I saw it was a buck! I had to pull over to get a better look, there wasn't much traffic. He came out of that river basin onto the shoulder of the road, the biggest Mule deer I have seen. He was completely fearless. Trotted across that interstate as majestic as could be, and climbed up the hills on the other side disappearing into the rocks and sage.

Then more recently I was driving at night out of Arcada California on my way back to Seattle. I was driving a 2 lane winding hwy through rugged country that would take me to grants Pass. It was completely dark, then in my headlights appears this full grown mountain lion or cougar! this guy was big too. Big head, sway back, and a long fat tail. He was fast, only saw him for a second and he was out of my headlights and gone.

#28 ·
NFR-good luck to deer hunters

wabowhunter - nice buck! :thumb: That's some pretty country and great photos. It's no wonder you witnessed the blaze orange hatch - that area is one of the most heavily hunted areas in the state. Sure was nice hunting about 15 years ago.

If you're running out of room in the freezer, I'll be glad to lessen your load by taking a few steaks! ;) ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.