Got me a new vise....

Kinda a combo birthday/graduation gift to myself.

The Cottarelli T-Rex. I got a screaming deal on it, so pulled the trigger. Think i'm gonna sell the Anvil Atlas now.

Comes with two jaws, both of which are removable.

This is a 1/0 salmon hook. with the two secure points, you wouldnt believe how little pressure i had to put on the jaws to get the hook secure, and "bend" without slipping. Great for those fine japanned hooks i'm working with.

This is a size 7 wet fly hook

There is a full range of motion of the head, rotary and it can be pitched to near vertical to allow easy access to the fly/hook, in the second photo i've pitched it up a bit.

There is another head set, with smaller jaws (i didnt buy it) for smaller hook, but i think what i have will work just fine for me.

A few other accessories include waste catcher, tool rack, sight board and bobbin cradle, all of which mount to the vise. I didnt get any of those either, but might pick up one or two at a later date. The joints are incredibly tight and the craftsman ship is second to none. All these vises are made by hand in Italy.

dogsnfish

I think? that Steelhead/Tolt river anglers was a dealer for them? I believe that is where I first saw them. Definitely a cool vise.

Rob Ast

Always thought that was a stunning vice. If I remember correctly their travel base is a cool little foldable/collapsible tripod thing. If the screaming deal was more than a one-vice special I'd love to know where you found it.