Graphite design in Beulah Platinum Spey

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by yuhina, Sep 14, 2012.

1. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Hey Gordon,
    Nice to see you post again! Agree what you said!

I have seen some nice video about the DTX... Wonder if you guys have some new products out this year? I am looking for some "tippy" Scandi rods... :)

Mark

2. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Mark,
    Scott and Andrew Toft (former Carron line designer) have produced a new range of rods and with the Pro Staff in Norway a new range of Shooting head rods and lines, we now have three ranges of rods from 12ft to 16ft and 12 new lines out this year, so all is going very well at DTX.
    We now have some Great Steelhead guides and FFF Board Examiners as Pro Staff in Canada.
    I am still reading and collecting some old fishing book in a bid to write the History of Speycasting, and the story of Alexander Grant by the summer of next year. and with the winter around the corner........ more old fishing books required.
    Cheers Gordon.

yuhina likes this.
  3. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    very nice Gordon,

Thanks for the report! I will contact local dealers and see if I can get my hands on some of those new stuff... sound very exciting going on the MacKenzie..
    I read a book about Mr. Grant earlier this year... it is really enjoyable to know a bit history and his thoughts of casting mechanics... let me know when your article /book will be available. I will love to buy it. Mark

4. fisshman26

fisshman26 Member

Mark, glad you took my advice to read Fine and Far Off........did you learn anything?