Swap Great Lakes Steelhead Fly Swap Beginner to Expert join in have fun

Mine got in the mail yesterday and should be to you in a couple of days. I tied a tube fly version of the spring creek special in olive with a size 6 tube fly hook and a conehead. It's been effective out here for many different species and hopefully should work well in the Great Lakes. I forgot to take a pic, but will tie a bunch more and take a pic in next few days.

Bill :cool:
awsome

ill let you know as soon as they arrive..

My flies are done and will be in the mail Monday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the flies! :beer1: I'll send a couple of bucks for return postage as well.
got them! damn these look nice..your gonna have to get me that recipie i want to tie p a bucnh my self in brown and black

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
got them! damn these look nice..your gonna have to get me that recipie i want to tie p a bucnh my self in brown and black
Glad you like them!

Very easy, basically this pattern on a tube with a cone head instead of a tungsten bead. If I could have found a tungsten bead to fit the tube, I might have used it, but since the tube weighs less than a hook, it should ride / jig fine.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/faq/idx/16/080/article/The_Spring_Creek_Special.html

Hook: 5263BL Size 8 2XL
Bead: Black Tungsten 5/32
Tail: Rabbit Strip the Length of the hook shank
Body: Rabbit dubbing brush, change density of brush for more or less buoyancy

I used HMH tubing, small, and the corresponding junction tubing and a size 6 straight eye tube fly hook. I fished a black one today and it looked great in the water!!

The trick is the dubbing brush, since you remove the hide from the rabbit or whatever fur you choose to use.

I'll take a pic of the black one, unless you want to post a pic of the ones I sent in.

Bill :cool:

C

Charles Craumer

whats up all... can we get an update. im heading back east on the 21st would love to egt these flies before i get back. wondering if everyones flies have been recieved. Not that it matters i run the bead the majority of the time. maybe a glo bug. rarely anything else. except maybe a balck stonefly. haha anything i can do to speed this up?

c

whats up all... can we get an update. im heading back east on the 21st would love to egt these flies before i get back. wondering if everyones flies have been recieved. Not that it matters i run the bead the majority of the time. maybe a glo bug. rarely anything else. except maybe a balck stonefly. haha anything i can do to speed this up?

c

deep breath relax..i just recieved x dogs..

i have yet to recieve zach m......you said you were making a shrimp version??

Zach M

Because I floss so hard
maybe you should double check cuz i deffinitly sent them out a long time ago. but whatever if they arent there leave me out cuz if they didnt come yet then UPS probably lost them or something. i tied a white mysis shrimp pattern on a size 8 hook

maybe you should double check cuz i deffinitly sent them out a long time ago. but whatever if they arent there leave me out cuz if they didnt come yet then UPS probably lost them or something. i tied a white mysis shrimp pattern on a size 8 hook
let me double check i was in vegas for the week......

wife got the mail......
ill let you know

i wil get everything organized to have in the mail by monday

Zach M

Because I floss so hard
you got mine now? wait chan C hosed us? what does that mean cuz i know he sent his flies i was there when his mom took them to the post office

you got mine now? wait chan C hosed us? what does that mean cuz i know he sent his flies i was there when his mom took them to the post office
nope...nothing ever came from chen c....POSITIVE ON THAT ONE

all the flies are in mail and on there way..

i took the one that was suppose to go to chen c and droped an extra one in each others bag..