Great Weekend at the FFF Fair

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jerry Daschofsky, May 5, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Was nice to see some new faces, and always a pleasure seeing the old ones. Thanks for those of you who stopped by to BS a bit and drop off donations for the soldiers. Truly do appreciate it. Nice thing, we just stood up another program in Oregon, and most of the donated materials and rods/reels/gear will be heading directly to that program.

I would like to add one very special THANK YOU! I don't think he's on this board, or even visits it. But I'm sure some of you (especially those who tie full dressed salmon flies) will know him. Tak, who makes his own hooks and then builds the most gorgeous full dressed Atlantics on them, did an amazing thing for PHWFF. He donated 100% of all his sales of his fly hooks to us. Was truly amazing, and can honestly say it was a record weekend for us (between donated gear and monies). Can't thank him enough, he was so generous. Wonderful man. I even bought a few of his hooks myself. :)

Was a wonderful weekend, just wish the Yakima cooperated for us, and that our backup wasn't so damned crowded either. But was nice to get home early and rest a bit. :)

2. WonkyWapiti

WonkyWapiti Active Member

Maple Valley, WA aka county seat of Cedar County
    I swung by the fair on Friday. I wasn't able to stay long as my buddy and I were dragging along his son and we were on our way to Omak Lake. My buddy ended up buying a fly rod outfit for his son. I hope to come back next year and spend some time with the fly tyers. The weather was awesome.

3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I met board members Jerry, Ron Eagle Elk, FT and james.jiminez at the fair.

4. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

How was Omak lake? I had a rig full of groceries, so for once I didn't stop this weekend. It was fishing alot better back in late March, early april than my last few times in the past weeks. I had a few eighteen fish days, and even the kids caught monsters.

5. WonkyWapiti

WonkyWapiti Active Member

Maple Valley, WA aka county seat of Cedar County
    Omak Lake was pretty slow, there were some big submarines cruising by but they didn't want anything I was throwing at them. My buddy caught a nice one and some friends we were with caught a couple but it was pretty windy too most of the day. It was my first time out there and I enjoyed the scenery even tho the fishing wasn't great.

6. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Ooops. Meant to pm that. Sorry bout thread hijack.