NFR Greatest insult in literary history.

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Reminds me of a series of great insults in real-life history between Lady Astor (the wealthy American Nancy Astor, who married Lord Astor becoming the Viscountess Astor and also Britain's first female MP) and Winston Churchill, who were notoriously at odds.

She responded to a question from Churchill about what disguise he should wear to a masquerade ball by saying, "Why don't you come sober, Prime Minister?"

Astor once famously told Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." He replied, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

On another occasion, upon hearing Astor's name, Churchill sniffed, "If she's got to call herself a lady, she ain't."

K

Porter

Remember our HS coach yelling at a receiver after he dropped an easy pass in practice, don't know why but it stuck with me......" You couldn't catch a cold running buck-ass naked through Alaska in the winter time"

Porter

Winston offerings

Regarding Stalin......."If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons".

Tacoma Red

"Joe Frazier is so ugly he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wildlife."
Muhammad Ali

"Bill Clinton is a man who thinks international affairs means dating a woman from out of town."
Tom Clancy

"Ive had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
Groucho Marx

"I was called "Rembrandt"-Hope in my boxing days, because I spent so much time on the canvas."

Bob Hope