Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Green River -- Washington

13K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Steelheader69 
G
#1 ·
Anyone tried to fly fish the Green River for Salmon. Heading out tomorrow morning and wondered if anyone had luck there lately and if so what flies did you use??

#3 ·
Fished it the other night after work with a buddy. Hooked into 3 kings, and one SRC. Used a sunburst, and a Babine. There are alot of fish in there. Went looking for a steelie but the kings were active. Closed for salmon so be careful. talked to a warden and he said if he see's people fishing for Salmon he will site them.

G
#4 ·
Green river below S180th bridge not closed

Hiya Steelheader, I checked the fishing regulations booklet and the Green River is open below the S180th bridge according to this booklet. If it's closed then I wasn't the only one in violation of the closure as there were 5 others on the same sand bank. I didn't get anything but had a strike on a purplish colored flie. The other guys that were using lures got 2 salmon between them.

F

#7 ·
I fished at multiple sites along the green river from the meeker st bridge following the river towards tukwila-this is best done with a backpack and a bicycle. I used regular trout flies with lots of flash and movement, fast sink line and landed over a few days 3 salmon and had long distance catch and release with another 7 lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.