Greetings from the rainforest

its a drop in the bucket of glory hounding bs. if more people fished instead of trying to get internet famous things would be better. i didn't say anything about this report either. lets face it, if anyone actually gave a shit about wild fish they would just fish and keep the camera to them selves and shut up about it. let me be the first to stroke all your egos over a fish. you know what's way cooler......catching fish and not saying anything. but then you wouldn't get all those facebook likes. what are you fishing for? fish or street cred in the cool guy club. many i think are in the later. name one good thing the drake has done for the op.

Sure, maybe the Drake and STS and all those other mags added to the pressure, but it was bound to happen, thats just the way it is. I don't particularly give a shit, I like reading the articles (the Doug Rose column last year comes to mind) and most of them don't point out spots or even specific rivers. Maybe the articles will bring more attention to the tribal fishing problems and wild steelhead retention issues out there.Who knows. Rivers and Wild Steelhead always need friends. Granted, I don't like seeing the Bobber Boyz Fleet roll through a prime lower Hoh run, but I can't do anything about it. It's a public resource, in a state with a shit load of people. That just means you have to walk farther, get up earlier etc.

Forgot to mention earlier thats a sweet chromer. Real nice job.

i don't know what everyone is so up in arms about. i roped like five there a couple days ago. sop wtf you don't like all of washington creepin round your crick. deal with it. we ain't going away. chase, nice fish. post that shit on morevacs site riptidefish.com, locations and all. then post that shit up on your blog. I'll give a facebook like on a sweet dumpling like that. tdope, i too love the drake, clyde is rad. don't give a shit bout crowds, cause my tech catches fish way more than the amateurs. chris b, why you gotta be such a buzzkill. i dig on prayer flags and echo rods.

PT

Physhicist
don't give a shit bout crowds, cause my tech catches fish way more than the amateurs.
The only people I believe on this site don't post about how much their "tech" catches fish and also those who are getting skunked consistently.

I could post that I have a foot long dong but it doesn't make it so.

The only people I believe on this site don't post about how much their "tech" catches fish and also those who are getting skunked consistently.

I could post that I have a foot long dong but it doesn't make it so.

come on now PT, the way you swagger round this joint I know you got a foot long dong.

Not everyone is stoked on a bite report especially the locals. Sure, this is a small part of it but it all adds up, and I bet everyone on here knows right where that is. Why do we fish? For the soul? if just for the photo then don't expect everyone to be stoked on your trip report.

Not everyone is stoked on a bite report especially the locals. Sure, this is a small part of it but it all adds up, and I bet everyone on here knows right where that is. Why do we fish? For the soul? if just for the photo then don't expect everyone to be stoked on your trip report.

I'm going to wade back in briefly in hopes this thread will die. And even if it doesn't, well, it should be said.

When I started naively swinging flies for steel, it took me two years to even hook my first fish. Shit was frustrating, hopeless at times. If I helped even one rookie fly angler overcome those feelings with a bit of hope, that was my aim in posting.

If you recognize that spot from a picnic table and a few trees, then you are certainly already in the know. If you don't know, well that photo isn't helping you much other than saying hey there are some wild steelhead somewhere a week after a freshet in mid-February. Go figure.

Like someone said above, wild steelhead badly need all the allies they can get.

In hopes of taking this offline, if anyone see's me on the river, I'd be happy to discuss further over a cold Rainier. I usually have a few extras in my pack.

Last edited:
If you recognize that spot from a picnic table and a few trees, then you are certainly already in the know. If you don't know, well that photo isn't helping you much other than saying hey there are some wild steelhead somewhere on the OP a week after a freshet in mid-February. Go figure.
Truth be told.