Have Pontoon with no Shuttle...anyone in the same boat??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dan Reynolds, Oct 24, 2002.

1. miked

miked New Member

sunday sounds good to me let me know thanks mike d

2. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    In future if we all have a group float

As of right now I can't row at all. Have some problems with neck/shoulder thanks to a collapsing porch during a delivery.

But here's the deal. I can fit 6 small catarafts, or 3 full size cats, and a mixture inbetween on my cataraft trailer. I'm also in process of buying a suburban. So between the 9 passenger capacity, the ability to carry a few boats, and having a mount for my moped, can meet at one location and shuttle most with me. Just can't do it this time around. Can barely crank with my left arm, let alone row.

But maybe next time.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

When I mentioned that thing.A pontoon clave,I did it as a joke,but the more it think about it the more that I think it would be a good idea. But I think that it would be a better idea if it was done in the warmer times of the year. Right now I get cold just going out side and I can't seem to even stay warm in my waders with the Shark Repellant on them.

Jim

4. mtlhead

mtlhead Member

That's o.k. Jim, I've got 2 boats and Matt can use one if he needs. That way we can have a Caregiver to take care of you and crush your pills. I think it would be a blast to get a bunch of us together on a float trip. You'll have to lead the pack though so everyone can stay upriver of the water that's tainted with shark repellant, we won't want to be fishing below you after the fish have smelled you. :TONGUE

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

I'm sure glad that I have a sense of humor. Any other normal person would be mad by now on that shark repellant wader thing. :TONGUE. But not me oh no I'm not MAD. :MAD. I'm just a happy camper :DEVIL

Jim :THUMBSUP

6. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

Hi Jim, I'm in. Taking my pontoon out on the Stilly tomorrow. First on a river for my boat. Miked is willing to take this rookie out and I'd like to thank him here. If I survive I'll let you know how we did. Tied up some 18 BWO as recommended by Whitey. Wish he would have recommended #8 San Juan worms.