Hello-

GAT

Dumbfounded
Awesome responses- I have apparently found a fun group of people.
Define "fun". :D

This site is a wealth of flyfishing information. It's worth your while to check out all the forums. If you tie flies, make sure you keep an eye on the flytying forum.

Also, if you know anything about wolves, mountain lions and snow, you've found a good home:cool:

Oh, and howdy.

This site is a wealth of flyfishing information. It's worth your while to check out all the forums. If you tie flies, make sure you keep an eye on the flytying forum.

Also, if you know anything about wolves, mountain lions and snow, you've found a good home:cool:

Oh, and howdy.
Fun: general asshattery between people who stand in cold water waving sticks over their heads.

I used to tie a great deal when I worked in a fly shop. I still tie some but damn, pressing the "add to cart" at Discount Flies is easy..

Snow: Spent 8 winters over the course of 3 years living in Iowa- this box is checked, sooooo checked.

Wolves and Mountain Lions: Where I am coming from the biggest threat is the shotgun toting toothless Jethros, when the banjo music is audible it's too late. So, as far as lions, tigers and bears go, I'm pretty much bait.

Old406Kid

Oh, and howdy.
Gene, you left out yarnies and bobbers.;)

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Fun: general asshattery between people who stand in cold water waving sticks over their heads.
You have indeed found that...some being a bit more asshattery than others. Welcome to WFF. I'm not far from you and can show you a couple of beaches for SRC fishing. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Bob Rankin

Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)
Welcome and happy holidays. You found a good place to read about people that are into the same things. Lots of good folks here and lots of info,sarcasm,smack talking and most of all fishing!

Bob

Yarnies? I grew up calling these "glow-balls" on the rives of Mo and Ar. When I started GL steelheading I learned glow balls was a condition suffered from fishing the wrong Lake Erie tributary.

After a significant amount of scotch the term "Pre-emergent Juveniles" became our preferred label.

Old406Kid

Bring your banjo, should work great for getting a bit more elbow room on a crowded run.

Word of caution though, wouldn't recommend it when you eventually get to Montana as you might
draw one of us in with our pet sheep.;)

Bob Rankin

Word of caution though, wouldn't recommend it when you eventually get to Montana as you might
draw one of us in with our pet sheep.;)[/quote]

And Velcro gloves........

Welcome Russell, sounds like we're going to be neighbors. I live very close to Point Defiance. Feel free to drop me a pm when you get here if you want to grab a beer and talk about getting your hands on a stiff rod.;)

Bob Rankin

Welcome Russell, sounds like we're going to be neighbors. I live very close to Point Defiance. Feel free to drop me a pm when you get here if you want to grab a beer and talk about getting your hands on a stiff rod.;)
Wow....... what a nice offer:)