Help with a Scadden Rampage leak

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Woodman60, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Woodman60

Woodman60 Active Member

Last time I took my Rampage out, I had a slow leak in the floor/seat. Topping it off every couple hours was fine, but got on fixing it when I got home.

Found some bubbles coming form under the valve with my trusty bottle of soapy water. Pulled the valve and cleaned it out and reset it with some Aquaseal. Pumped it back up and no more bubbles...except it was still flat by morning. I've been over every inch of the top and seams and can't find or hear any leaks. Can't get to the seams on the underside the way it is constructed.

Anyone experienced this and what did you do? Trying to decide whether to just live with it or send it back to NFO and hope to see my boat again someday.

2. Woodman60

Woodman60 Active Member

Wow....no responses. I didn't think you could use the word "Scadden" and not get responses.

Peyton00 likes this.
  3. KBodholt

KBodholt Member

If you have not tried this, spray some soapy water inside the valve and see if any bubbles form. I had some sand on the rubber flapper once, and found it by doing this test. Worth a try if you didn't already check.

4. chromefinder

chromefinder Member

Take your inflatable to a pool lake or river then inflate to working pressure and submerge each tube or chamber and look for the bubbles...

On my Renegade it was the black nose cone that came unglued but this was after several pvc crack leaks and the oar mounts falling off from the glue failing

Good Luck :)

5. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    I thought Scadden had a lifetime warranty?

Freestone likes this.
  6. chromefinder

chromefinder Member

lol, good one BDD

If Woodman60 or anyone else would like to know my about my experiences with warranty service they can PM me or view my July 8, 2017 post.

7. Panther

Panther Member

I haven't used the product that I am going to mention, but it very well may work. It is called "ToobSeal Inflatable Boat Interior Repair Sealant". There is a video about it on inflatableboatparts.com. I bookmarked it in case I ever had a problem similar to the one you are having.

8. Woodman60

Woodman60 Active Member

Exactly why I said "Trying to decide whether to just live with it or send it back to NFO and hope to see my boat again someday," in my original post.

Overall I love this boat, but the experiences with Scadden that I have heard from people ranges from marginally acceptable to unmitigated disaster. My experience has been okay...but I don't want to push my luck.

I have patched the boat a couple of times, but the only place this can be leaking is in an area that can't be reached...

chromefinder likes this.