Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hobbyist videographer: cliche storyboard/shots

998 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  msteudel 
#1 ·
I really love watching fly fishing videos (most of us do). I already do a lot of photography, but I would like to get into making more videos documenting my own trips. I know almost nothing about shooting/editing videos other than using imovie to put a few titles and transitions in. I was wondering what are some cliche things that I can do to make my own videos more like fly fishing movies.

#6 ·
To sum it up in one word, "cinematic". Research how to get cinematic shots and apply that to fly fishing. I can't claim to be very good at it, but I have made a few videos. I did this one a long time ago in downtown Denver after we got back in town early from a production shoot in the South Park area for a fly fishing company. We had a few hours to kill and David wanted to catch a carp. My main cameras were packed but I had a smaller camera I used for the underwater housing (before GoPro) that I took out and shot this with and my wireless lapel mic available, so we had some fun and shot this. Sorry about the low video quality. It wasn't rendered in HD back then even though it was shot in HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.