36. Nick Cameron
37. theonethatgotaway
38. Landon
39. James Mello
40. DonChilds
41. flybill (show up you wimp)

See less See more
#324 ·
Jeff and I spoke today. I'm making preparations to jinx myself. Let's pray it pays off. I also sacrificed a beloved Fenwick to the River Gods. Let's pray they accept my offering!

#325 ·
If jinx works I may not be able to make Bacon Bomb. Long story why. But I'm sacrificing A LOT on my nerves to get this river down. Ed I'm in same boat. I really need this river in too.

BTW my weather reports are changing for the better. :)

#328 ·
Jerry, I fully understand why the Hoh is so special to you. I have not nearly earned the deep seated reasons, it is special to me because it is just flat out fantastic place to spend time with friends on the water. If not now, I'll get out there when I can. I've had the luck of being out there a few days already. I'm still saying my prayers and doing some other things that can't really be typed for public consumption...but if they work for the river then they are well worth it.

#329 ·
Well, if people want to bag it this year for the Yak, I'm all for it. I still have my week coming up to put a few days in (who needs to do chores around the farm anyways?).

Now, if people want to cash out now, let me know now. You can do it via PM. Then I'll go to paypal and send you cash back (or if you did a check, will just burn it). I've spent no money yet, so I'm out nothing.

#330 ·
A good part of what I've been looking forward to is your fabulous cooking, Jerry. Ever since that first bite of rib eye two years ago I've wanted more. I just can't stand the thought of it being three years in between your rib eye perfection!! I had a good excuse last year (my first child was born March 25th), but this year all those months of salivating might be for not. Couple that with all the amazing beer that will (I hope) be there, I would go to whatever river you feel so called to. If that will only be the Hoh, then so be it. If it is not to be this year, then I will just have to wait.
I still might go and play come hell and high water since I took time off work and have the hall pass, but as with most things, we'll just wait and see....

#331 ·
i have been staring at graphs and charts for the past 3 days and the fuckers keep changing. One day 100% chance of rain, the next...wellllll....flip a coin at the percentage of rain.

I have come to this conclusion. Fuck it. Im going. What will be, will be. I might just go on twilight tours and stare at the ocean. But somethings going to come into shape if I have to swing chocolate milk.

#332 ·
LOL Jmills. I'm glad to see some of the changes in the graphs (river levels) and weather reports. I'm just playing it by ear. We've already had a few guys make alternate plans. But I'm not going there for beachcombing or twilight. LOL. But after the storms could find some nice glass floats. :)

#333 ·

At 5190 and climbing. Came up 1100cfs in just a few hours. So as of right now, on my end, I'm calling the Hoh Down a wash. No way it'll be in shape at this point by Thursday. I know alot of guys are already fleeing to other rivers (which sound like they are possibly blowing out too). So I'll start refunding monies to those who paid tonight. Sucks, but it is what it is. Isn't my first Hoh trip that has washed out (it's my second one this year already in fact).

So if you paid for food, I'll put up another post in the food thread if you want details on reimbursement.

#340 ·
It's not better days Matt, it's just luck of the draw. You're talking coming spring in the rainforest. Some days you get a ton of rain, some days you get none. Just so happens this year we got a ton. :(

#342 ·
7600 and rising. Hope those that brave it and keep their plans for the peninsula rivers stay safe, go high and find some soft water somewhere in the side tribs. Hope the contingent of guides can get back on the river soon and keep living the dream.

...and 8480 after dinner and bedtime routine for the girls. No idea where I'll be fishing this weekend, but it likely will NOT be the Hoh.

#343 ·
Well I was really looking forward to meeting a buncha you hoodlums. Looks like it will have to be another time. With the week off, Im gonna go chase some steelhead around elsewhere. Good luck everyone, wherever you wet a line!

#349 ·
I still have a partial bottle. Could share it while we plunked. Think I still have some 32 oz sturgeon sinkers poured. Think that'd hold at 8k. Maybe. LOL. But we wouldn't care anyways after finishing the bottle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.