Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hopper/Dropper swap

Swap 
6K views 74 replies 10 participants last post by  mike doughty 
#1 ·
If there is any interest and with summer coming up, i thought there might be some interest in what would really be a terrestrial or something similar/dropper set up type of swap. i know there are several swaps still going on so i wasn't sure about this one just yet, but the deadline wouldn't be until the end of june, maybe the 30th or so. being that each individual would be tying 2 flies we will keep this swap to probably 8 people.

we have:
myself - mine r done
chadk - flies are in
ringlee - flies are in
toddsbernina - flies are in
james mello
rockstar caddis - flies are in
nova
gitto wales

#55 ·
Rockstar Caddis said:
The only way Jer doesnt come through this time is if he get another call from the girl that passed out on him. HA!:rofl: Jerry you better start sleeping with your Sage. It wont disappoint.
Its the only stiff rod i got now days....the damn B!*C$ ruined me for life i tell ya. Least i got a 20 spot out of her;)

#57 ·
Sorry i don't have these out yet, but am still waiting on gitto wales's flies. i sent him a pm last week to see if he had sent them yet but haven't heard back. i will try and take some pics of the flies that i have got. my camera doesn't take the best close up pics, or maybe that's me, so if they turn out i will post them. if anybody gets tired of waiting let me know and i will send your flies to you.

#59 ·
Big Red has arrived Big red needs to seek trout.

Use your macro on those smaller flies it takes a lil getting used to. Use a light blue background with light from the back shining thru your background. Its geting the focus right ive learned. Do not use your telephoto.

#60 ·
Nova said:
Big Red has arrived Big red needs to seek trout.

Use your macro on those smaller flies it takes a lil getting used to. Use a light blue background with light from the back shining thru your background. Its geting the focus right ive learned. Do not use your telephoto.
i always use my macro for these photos, but somejust don't come out, but i'll try the light blue background

#61 ·
Here's the deal! i haven't heard from gitto wales in a couple of weeks or received his flies yet for the swap. the deadline was june 30th which was a couple of weeks ago. i understand that things take a little longer when shipped from overseas, but i have tried to pm him about the flies and have heard nothing. unless there are objections i will give it till the end of next week to either hear from him or his flies and then i will assume that we are not getting them and will send everybody else their flies.

#72 ·
Hey Mike. Just want to say thanks for hosting. Thanks to all the tyiers that were in on this one. I would take some pics but I think I lost one of the hoppers Sunday on the Ham's. I dont know anymore who it belonged to. Good luck on the Bear if you go. Later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.