How can I help you?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Jeremy Floyd, Jan 12, 2014.

1. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

I do not care where I fish I just want to catch a damn steelhead. I am now getting so desperate that by the end of each outing I am literally asking god, " please just this once I am begging you let this be the one". :(

Jeff Sawyer likes this.
  2. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    In reality most dust ups around here are due to the medium. I appreciate the written form because you can write exactly what you wish and people can read and re-read your thoughts. Unfortunately, we all misinterperate people due to the lack of non-verbal communication. Well that and good old fashioned projection.

I find that anyone who tries to communicate what they think your saying rather than letting your written words do it, is likely an asshole, as you already said what you wanted.

For the record, I feel as though I am qualified to determine asshole status as I am also a certifed asshole, although not for the reason listed above.

Go Sox,
    cds

3. PT

PT Physhicist

Take Thursday off and meet me in F***s. I'll row and you can bobbercate. We'll swing the good stuff but that'll be pretty slim as the water is still in the bushes. But, there'll be plenty of bobber water. By the end of the day, you should have a grab... or two.

That's how I can help.

4. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Why cant u get a weekend free I have a three day coming up and gonna fish hard

5. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

David,

Here are a few of my favorites for summertime. I learned or made/hybridized these patterns from NorCal flies already in use. I have found that they work everywhere on Steelhead, until the water gets dirty. The first two are used by me when the light is not on the water. The third picture, the copper herniator is my go to "light on the water" fly. I use the purple herniator more than anything else, from sun down until dark.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jeremy Floyd

You can swing or nymph these all.

Freestone and David Dalan like this.
  7. Jeremy Floyd

I would recommend asking some of these local folks if you can fish together (you bring beer) and learn to cast while you are fishing. It would also be nice to have eyes on your rig and suggestions as to what could or would improve the functionality of the gear to facilitate casting success.

Call your local fly shop.
    Google your local fly fishing club.
    Start a new a thread here stating you have beer and a vehicle and wish to learn.

Lots of options!

8. Jeremy Floyd

I thought keeping $1300 bucks in the Millsy-skeena-trip/beer-fund, by giving you two rods to play with for free, was the best way to facilitate your trip..

9. Jeremy Floyd

Those of you seriously thinking of heading north to the skeena drainage should know that I run a fishermans basement suite.. You can ask Millsy or Salmo what it's like staying with Elizabeth and I.

Ed Call likes this.
  10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

They don't even have to ask! Elizabeth is an absolute charmer and a much better woman than Jeremy deserves. He's that lucky. And Jeremy is a damn decent cook. As a pair, their hospitality is unsurpassed. I dropped in last September with two fishing bums they had never met nor heard of until this visit was set up. They are still amazed at the reception we got as strangers. All we brought was a little wine and beer. We got a place to crash, dinner, breakfast, and got to borrow the two test rods for a week. Quite a deal. Jeremy is such a sucker for a little American beer.

Ed Call and Jeremy Floyd like this.
  11. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

The Babine is a treasure. I would like to go back and fish it again.

12. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

any employment opportunities up North? only thing i need is a job so i can keep fishing

13. Jeremy Floyd

Tons, and BC is working hard to import foreign workers with specific job qualifications.
    Apply for the Provincial Nominee program, or the Strategic Occupations Program. Then Canada will sponsor you as long as you fit the requirements.

14. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Sweet idea Jeremy - that purple fly looks wicked - care to share the recipe??

15. Jeremy Floyd

Sure..

Purple Herniator

-Lay a base of thread down the shank, covering the entire length that you will be tying.

-Tie in a red wire and then some gold tinsel/mylar at the butt. Wind the mylar 2/3 the way up the shank towards the head and tie it down. Then wind the red wire rib the opposite direction to hold it down and keep the teeth from destroying it the first strike.

-Tie two pieces of the purple mylar braid for the body (different brands call it different things and it comes on a bobbin like thread). Wind the body 2 layers thick, with each layer going opposite directions around the fly.

-Tie in the crystal flash for the wings so they are perpendicular to the shank.

-Wind soft hackle in front of the wing flash.

-Tie off the head.

Jamie Wilson likes this.