Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

How to refer to a previous post to a new thread?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chris Scoones 
#1 ·
I want to refer to a couple of posts from a year ago in a new thread so that people can read/refer to the old posts as part of the new thread. How do you do that?

Thanks.

Roger

#2 ·
What I'd do is have two browser sessions. One to write your thread and the other for reference to the other posts you want to refer to. With the second browser session, click on the quote button below the post so the quoted text with post link is given to you. Copy that and paste it in your new thread.

I'm hoping a few who have tried to help my understanding of bugs and their lifecycles chime in here. I also hope some others I've not yet gotten info from will have a title or two.

I need to find a good bug guide, not a tying guide, but more just bugs, types, environment, life cycles. I'm dumb as a stump and thus far looking at the bug and then looking at my fly box to see what seems the closest is about as advanced as my bug lack of knowledge has gotten.

Thanks.
Ed, if you don't own this yet it's the first stillwater book I'd recommend to anyone at any skill level. Brilliant 10 year old book. One of the chapters has exactly what you're inquiring about (nicely detailed on insects and non-insect foods, anything trout typically eat in lakes...when/where they are found, how they move/swim/fly, lifecycles, you name it), with a subsequent chapter on the relative fly patterns, how they are tied, and how to present them. Beyond that, the entire book is a broadstroke guide on effective SW fishing. So it's not a bug book per se, but for something that can be blown through in a day it has a lot to offer and impressively covers trout food sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.