I give you....JigTruderBead

PT

Physhicist
Looks too much like a fly to be fished under a bobber. It's not balanced because it's supposed to be swung..... OP must not be very well versed in bobber fishing "flies."

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Nah, I've caught plenty of steel on traditional swinging patterns while floating them under indicators, both as a static presentation and as a swung fly at the end of my drift. It would work fine under an indicator, just better tied balance style.

Nah, I've caught plenty of steel on traditional swinging patterns while floating them under indicators, both as a static presentation and as a swung fly at the end of my drift. It would work fine under an indicator, just better tied balance style.
The hell do you know about bobber fishing?

It'd be all weird under a bobber.
so wrong it's right.

in all seriousness, that's really what I more in mind...

I have yet to find a fly that I really like for both. The buggers that I typically nymph with in the winter are slender with a sparse marabou tail so they sink better with minimal weight, but I don't like them for swinging & the flies I'm typically swinging in the winter are similar to the above, just minus the bead...basically anything with marabou that gives a slightly larger profile.

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
Rather than using an inline or slinky weight under a bobber.. I'd make an approximate 3/8 oz shot line to about a 3' to 4' tippet and that flyjigtruderegg pattern would be all kinds of awesome bobbing down a river under a center pin.

Klickrolf

I didn't want to encroach on the vast amounts of knowledge being dropped on the "Yarnies" thread...

If you want to peg a bead, use this.

If you want to swing a marabou, use this.

If you want to throw a jig under a bobber, use this.

Who says one fly can't do it all?

Who says you can't make everyone happy?

You're welcome.

That's clearly a swinging fly. Off a bobber it would jump up and down and we all know steelhead don't like the jumping crap because they don't like to miss.