I know where the spey god of all gods resides

KerryS

Ignored Member
While finally acquiring my fishing license the other day at Holiday Market I was informed by the guy working there that some cat that also works there was the first to ever to use a spey rod on the Skagit and in fact taught such notables as Mike Kinney and Dec Hogan how to cast. Wow, I did not know that the spey god above all other spey gods worked just a few miles from my home. I am dumbfounded.

Josh

dead in the water
And at Holiday Market of all places. Poor sap, they probably had him pumping gas and reheating those terrible jojo potatoes up until a few years ago.

PT

Physhicist
I invented the Perry Poke. Although I never knew it was the PP. In fact, at that time I didn't know there was a name to the various casts I was inventing with the new to me spey rod in my hand many years ago.

WT

While finally acquiring my fishing license the other day at Holiday Market I was informed by the guy working there that some cat that also works there was the first to ever to use a spey rod on the Skagit and in fact taught such notables as Mike Kinney and Dec Hogan how to cast. Wow, I did not know that the spey god above all other spey gods worked just a few miles from my home. I am dumbfounded.
Why not. Better people have fallen from higher places.

Sounds like the guy should be easy to spot, just look for the dude with his head up his own ass.

Alright, I'll bite...let's hear about it.
so this is a left hand dominant cast for fishing a river flowing left to right.

SHOTGUN LIFT, then bring rod past right shoulder ( between you and near bank)

ARM PIVOT- rod tip now pointing upstream-between you and far bank- line " bear hugs" you almost ... hence the name

DOWNSTREAM D LOOP- shoot line.

Easy cast to make- great for tight quarters casting ( consistent 90 ft casts for me )

Luke77

I hope she likes whitefish
so this is a left hand dominant cast for fishing a river flowing left to right.

SHOTGUN LIFT, then bring rod past right shoulder ( between you and near bank)

ARM PIVOT- rod tip now pointing upstream-between you and far bank- line " bear hugs" you almost ... hence the name

DOWNSTREAM D LOOP- shoot line.

Easy cast to make- great for tight quarters casting ( consistent 90 ft casts for me )
I guess I'd have to see it. I'm left hand dominant, so I'm interested, just can't envision it.