Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

I tried crack last night!

NFR 
2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Lue Taylor 
#1 ·
On Halloween night, I went to my local joint to get my usual fix.

"Try some of this." the young gal said.

I eyed it suspiciously.

"We just made a fresh batch." she said, pointing to a small dish of glistening temptation.

"It's free. Try a sample." she said.

She was evil. She wasn't wearing a costume but I knew she must have been a witch.

Hmm. Free?

I knew this was how they get you hooked.

I stole another glance at the beckoning dish.

"Go ahead." the innocent-looking pusher urged.

The temptation was too much.

I reached for a piece.

Unsure, I tried just a tiny corner of it.

My head exploded!!!

I was instantly transported to a hitherto unknown realm of pure pleasure.

"Like it?" she queried.

I didn't want to say it but I thought the earth may have just moved.

"Holy cow! This is amazing!" I uttered, still delirious with ecstasy. I knew I was going to hell someday. Or the ER. Yep, the ER, then hell.

"Have some more." she offered, slyly.

I knew I shouldn't.

I knew it was unhealthy.

I've seen pictures of what it does to people.

"No, don't do it!" I said to myself.

"Stop with just that one little piece, before it is too late." I scolded.

"Oh, go ahead." the evil one urged. "We were expecting more people so we have lots. Wrap some up to take home."

"NO!!!" "Walk away!" "RUN!" my brain silently screamed.

Damn, I found myself being drawn back to the plate.

"Ok, only one more." I told myself.

Somehow, 3 pieces ended up in my hand. I hoped she hadn't seen me. I didn't want her to know exactly how addictive this stuff is.

"How did one tiny piece hook me so quickly?" I thought, my face red with shame, as I carefully wrapped up the pieces as if they were chunks of gold.

I placed the newly discovered contraband in the bag with my usual habit and headed out the door, slightly embarrassed, but with my mind freewheeling, still delirious, still bursting with pleasure from one tiny piece.

I almost danced to the car.

"I can handle it." I thought. "I will be careful with it. I'll try it again, but just a little at a time; maybe I'll share some with a friend."

However, the pull was too great. Like a siren's call, it was irresistible.

I sampled another piece.

My pleasure centers exploded. My mind raced, twirling, swirling from delight. "I shouldn't be driving while I do this." I thought, reaching for yet another piece.

As I approached the turn for my street, only one piece remained. "Save it for Gus. Call him right now and tell him you are coming over with it." I thought, as I knew my old friend would love to try it. This stuff was right up his alley. But I knew it was futile. I was powerless to resist that final piece.

All of it gone, I was transported to paradise. I now understood nirvana. The pure poison raced through my system, heightening all my senses, bringing joy to every cell. I wanted to shout about it from the mountain tops! I almost called Jerry to tell him about it but I figured he was at a party somewhere. "Hmm. Would they have this stuff at the party?" I wondered. I knew that if he said they did, that I'd make the 3-4 hour drive to sample it again. I put the phone down, trying to resist the pull.

How had it taken me so long to discover this magical stuff? Somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain, I knew it was the epitome of all that is bad and unhealthy, and it was undoubtedly pure evil in its ability to create addiction.

I didn't care.

I wanted more.

As I pulled in the driveway, I contemplated going back. Sure, they'd be closed but maybe they'd still be there. I could knock. I could sneak in. In that moment, I understood how addicts find themselves breaking in to get their next high.

I comforted myself by reminding myself that I still had my usual fix. It would have to do.

Suddenly, it was no longer good enough. I didn't want it. I was ruined.

Still on a high, I raced to the door and called my sister.

"I just tried crack!" I announced joyously and somewhat unintelligibly as I was jittery from the high.

"What?" she asked, unable to fully comprehend my exuberant speech.

"Crack! I just tried crack!" I said, almost twirling around from the effects of this new substance.

"WHAT???!!" she screamed, still unsure that she'd heard me correctly, knowing that I'd never done drugs in my life. "WTF is wrong with you?!" she said, almost frantic.

I laughed.

She continued to utter panicked oaths into the phone.

"Why?! Where? Where did you get it?!" my now frightened and confused sister pleaded.

"Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere" I replied, still somewhat dizzy and smiling ear-to-ear.

"Huh? WTF are you talking about? Why did they give you CRACK?!" she asked, very perplexed.

Chuckling, and still feeling like dancing and twirling, I replied "Well, they called it Candied Bacon, but I am pretty sure it was crack!"

She almost hung up on me, LOL.

Candied Bacon. OMG! Who knew that something so good could be transformed into something even better?

Bacon. It's now for women! I think I'm going to put my new dealer on speed dial!

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Fast food
Automotive lighting Electricity Window Midnight Font

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep, welcome to the dark side, the dark delicious crazy addictive dark side! So far I haven't been able to Walter White it up myself, but there is a restaurant in Portland that serves it with Pecans and I order extra, just to take it home. It is just wrong, so, so wrong!

#23 ·
The "WHO" has now become the World Horrification Organization. Where do they get off on issuing all those dang warnings about the stuff we love? Nobody listens to that negative shit. It just makes us crave more of what they say is bad for us. We're all gonna eventually die, anyway. I'm gonna have to try some of that candied bacon crack before my next heart attack takes me out, and I miss my chance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.