I tried to go fishing today

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

Oh man, now you've gone and done it!!!! :eek:

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I was sitting here thinking about fishing. Still can't get my ass out there. But I'm starting to get some use out of my left arm. I now type with a finger on each hand. Still can't hold a bottle, because when I have to turn my hand to take a drink. Too much pain. But the redness is slowing going away.

When you all go fishing, falling is not on your mind. It is something farthest from your mind. I usually watch where I put my feet. But this time I didn't. So now I have to pay the piper.

I was up on the upper Ruby where the Beaver ponds start. It was so low and clear I don't think that I will go back up there again this year. Besides it's 75 miles from home. What if I fall again. Once a klutz always a klutz. But It's all FUN.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I went and did it. I got a full blown infection in my left arm. Back to The ER so they could prod and poke at my arm. Which they did and had fun doing it. They opened it back up and the pus all came out. Then they washed the hell out of it and got more wood out of it. Then they did an Ultrasound on it. That thing is cool. They were not to sure but they hope they got all the junk out of my arm. If the infection doesn't clear up they might have to open up my arm to get all the shit out. Not looking forward to that.

Got some more horse pills to take.

So the moral to all of this is to watch where you plant your big feet when walking through the bushes and not get tangled up and fall down. It hurts to damn much.

4. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith DBA BozoKlown406

Shit, that stinks! I hope you're not roasting too bad over there. This is a bad time of year to feel like crap.

5. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

Hope you get better quickly, OMJ! The fish are awaiting!

6. golfman44

golfman44 4-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Sorry to hear that sensai. Hope for a fast recovery.

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Damn Jim, all jokes aside, take care and get well soon. I will flip you some crap when you are 100% again.

8. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

At least it is your arm and not your wedding tackle.. I can just imagine you trying to explain to Ole Woman Jim that "No really! I was fishing.. It's not contagious and the doctor said it should be cleared up in a week!"

I will be convalescing along with you Jim. I go in for triple inguinal hernia surgery on Tues. Since they are basically eviscerating me, I am going to re-enact the ending scene from Braveheart right before they put me under.. "Freedom!"

9. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Bingo, tho I describe that as "I'm not the ballerina I once was." Every step can be an adventure, but the important thing is to keep going. When I launch my float tube or toon, I now use it as a support aid & I use a staff religiously when conditions dictate.

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

A fly rod in one hand and the fly and tippet in the other as I walk from spot to spot. I don't have a third hand to hold a wading staff. Hell, I was on the bank. Where I was fishing at I didn't have to get my feet wet. I haven't had to get my feet wet unless I felt like cooling off. Beside they are beaver ponds, no need to wade. Where I fish at the ponds are about 10 feet wide and 50 feet long and three feet deep.

11. Jim Ficklin

You're making me pine for home again, Jim & any potential trip opportunity is a month away.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Montana fly fishing, Montana Fly Fishing, Montana Fly fishing. So Jim, How's this.

13. Jim Ficklin

You must be feeling better . . .

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Not really. I've been to the ER twice now and I have to go back again tomorrow. My cut now has packing in it to help it heal. I can't get it wet at all. I had to take a bath tonight showers are out. Can't get the damn thing wet. Infection almost all cleaned out. Should be good to go after tomorrow. I hope. Getting tired of needles and getting my cut flushed out.

Good night.