Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Ice Reports

4K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  Tug 
#1 ·
Can any west sider locals provide any selective fishery lake ice reports?
Was thinking of trying a lake this weekend but presume they'll need to thaw out for quite awhile.

#3 ·
Cady was still fine as of last Thursday. My line and guides were icing up, but the lake temp was still 43* at the surface. Larry came out and said outside temps had been dropping into the teens at night. On my way there I noticed the other lake just down the road (Tee Lake?) was icy, but I think the spring at Cady may keep it a little warmer for a little longer.
Fishing was slow.
Anyone know about RSL? (Mark??) Was going to try it last week but the winds were like 15-20 mph.

#9 ·
Fished Pass today for only a couple of hours.

When I went out at noon there was ice at the launch area extending out about 60-70 feet and about 3/8 inch thick. Fortunately some one had been out and there was a narrow gap, enough to launch my pontoon but not wide enough to use oars. Hit a few frozen over spots before getting clear.

I was the only one on the lake and came in after 2 hours of fishing when the wind really came up coupled with sideways rain.

The launch area was pretty much clear of ice when I came in, but the first bay's East shore looked like the Lone Lake photo in this thread.

Fish were friendly!

#27 ·
Ira... When do you first smell lake awesomeness? If it is as early as the night before, there would be lots of money to be made using your "Spidey Senses". Maybe a little less if we would have to wait until O' dark thirty that morning. I for one would subscribe!:)

#28 ·
Ira... When do you first smell lake awesomeness? If it is as early as the night before, there would be lots of money to be made using your "Spidey Senses". Maybe a little less if we would have to wait until O' dark thirty that morning. I for one would subscribe!:)
Oh, I knew yesterday, but that's easy to say for someone who didn't fish it today.

#29 ·
Enlightened went out today while I was working:(..... and was skunked:).....

Edit: I haven't caught a fish in over a week. Withdrawal is setting in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.