Iced Coffee?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Don Perry, Mar 4, 2014.

1. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

It's a sure bet if you see me there it's because I'm f...ing lost

2. Don Perry

Don Perry Member

I did drive out Friday to look. Lake is very low and the bay at the launch was still mostly iced over. Looked like the main lake was clear. All the ice should be gone by tomorrow if not already.

3. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Active Member

Sprague was low, 33 degrees, still much ice, and fish didn't seem to be biting. Tried all the usual stuff. Shoulda went to Rock,I guess.

4. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

With all of this lowland runoff I'm sure Rock would be really murky. Lots of mud from the inlet and even though it's a good sized lake it still unfortunately gets screwed up.
    We have to be really close on our other area lakes. Liberty for ice out browns might be worth a look.
    I just came back to Spokane from Billings yesterday and most everything moving was blown out.

5. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Active Member

Fished it today. Water is the lowest Ive seen in 20 years. Dude almost got stuck at the launch in his wifes minivan due to low water. 34 degrees. Quiet a few people. Looked like a big motorcoach rig of 206ers? Had a big trophy on the dash?

6. generic

generic Justified

Every year I see more and more folks from the west side... everywhere! Man, fishing must suck over there.

How was fishing?

7. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I've seen lots of them. Next thing that happens is they start moving over to this side.:(

8. generic

generic Justified

start? :p

How was fishing?

9. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Active Member

Fishing was good for my son and I. I gave a couple flies to 2 guys and they were doing well .

10. generic

generic Justified

I did that at 4th of July 25 yrs ago, with same results.

I was catching nothing with the flies I tied, gave them to this other guy, he started knocking the pee out of them.

Not sure if that's a backhanded compliment.... but I'll take it. I really didn't know how to fish leeches at the time anyway.

As it turns out, your not suppose to fast strip leeches... come on man! :rolleyes:

11. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Active Member

I knew we would catch fish, haha. While rigging at the launch, I noticed the guys by us were pretty "green " and overheard him tell his buddy he was told to use a #12 bugger so he tied some the night before. I offered some advice and some flies that work for us there and he kindly accepted. No other boats seemed to be getting much, and when these guys approached us on the water, he said he had caught 3 and a 4th broke his fly off that I gave him. I offered him another, and told my son to reel up. While doing so , my boy and I BOTH hook up nice fish while reeling up with these guys right next to us intheir boat.Kharma at work I guess !

Old406Kid likes this.