Icicle Wenachee

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by ken2cross, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Floated from Cashmere down both Saturday and Sunday. Didn't touch any out of the boat. Got one nice wild buck swinging some very slow water. Sunny and about 38 both days. one of the guide boats took two nymphing on sunday. but they really have the best spots for the boober dialed and they hammer it. Its nice to see it that low so I can have a better sense of where to swing kings in the summer!

2. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

I will be there this weekend!

3. AK

AK New Member

I think the slow water you are mentioning is good reasoning/advice. The light take I thought I had came just at the end of the swing when the water was transitioning from walking speed to almost no current.

Your probably right on the "winter" catorization too but it's hard for me to call these "summer" metalheads when I am plucking ice off my guides all morning ;)

Reds posted a report with some photos, tips, and patterns today. It maybe worth checking out if your heading in that direction, or if you are like me, need an excuse to shout out a big Homer Simpson "Dohhhhh!!!!!": http://www.redsflyshop.com/blog/all-fishing-reports/wenatchee-river-steelhead-update-21113/

Best of Luch this weekend troutpounder and thanks for the tips and other reports everyone.

4. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

I am lucky. No need to 'head in that direction' - if I rolled out of bed too hard, I'd land in the river, LOL!

BTW, despite the ice in the guides, last weekend was really warm for over here for Feb. My snow is all gone.

5. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Home Page:
    Awesome! That means alot of the climbing will be soon into condition as well