Idiots will close it for us all --- RANT!

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Shawn Seeger, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Shawn Seeger

Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

So… here is a bit of a RANT… DUMBARSES…!!! :beathead:

It seems that some “Hunters” (not that they really are) are dead set on ruining our ability to have access to huntable land (timber).

This last weekend I was in the Mossyrock unit Muzzleloader Hunting Elk… and my buddy and I were out walking a road and we hear a shot, then time passes, then another shot, then time passes, another shot… and this went out for some time, on the hillside above us. We finish out walk and decide to move to another area, we head back to the truck and no more shooting… we dive up the road and make a turn to head down to a walk in hidden meadow. As we make the turn and head to the down hill road to our parking spot… BANG…. Then nothing….

We were shocked to find a camp, at a turnaround, then 2 trucks and about 5/6 guys, in camo, shooting there Muzzleloaders down the turnaround road and ACROSS the Mainline….. SHIAT!!!!!! DUMBARS, JACKARSES…!
    :mad:

We drive by (in a hurry) then we park, we walk into our area and spend an a couple of hours watching our spot, seeing nothing (what a surprise with all the shooting) … the entire time there are shots going off…. So we head back out, calling it a day, we decide that we better honk the horn as we head back out to make sure they don’t shoot as we approach…!

Now… not lets see… how many ways are they stupid…!

1) Shooting (Target Practice) in the LIMITED hunting Area
    2) Shooting ACROSS the Road
    3) Shooting INTO A LIVING TREE !!!! (a million stumps in the area)

SO…. You IDIOTS… that do this, get a CLUE --- WE WILL ALL LOSE ACCESS BECAUSE YOU ARE REDUCING FORREST PRODUCT PROFIT…. STOP….!!!!!

Rant Complete…! :mad:

Please think about it like this…. Would you like it if you let the neighbor use you yard or swimming and he decides to SHIT in it…. Would you let him use it again? Would you be MAD…?

COMMON SENCE :beathead: Where has it gone...!

Wabowhunter
    (aka Shawn)

PS... Here is a picture of their camp and the tree that they wasted..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Josh

Josh dead in the water

I'm not a hunter, so not really on top of what is and isn't "cool" as far as hunting/access issues go.

But I think it's pretty obvious to anyone that shooting across a road is pretty stupid and shooting a living tree for no reason is just as bad.

3. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    Did you write down their license numbers? Gotta do that, and then send them in with your photo evidence. Would anything be done about it? Who knows, but it's worth the effort. There are slobs out there that get away with murder (not literally). They bastardize it for those of us with ethics and common sense.

4. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

That is very bad behavior. Do you suppose they didn't prepare ahead of time by practicing at a range? Or, were they just bored? :confused:

5. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Shawn, you're right they're not hunters. They're idiots with firearms. Hunters respect the resource, either the game or the environment they are in.

It's sad that the acts of a very few do spoil it for all. That's why any effort to turn them in is important. If enough is done to make these idiots aware, maybe the next group of idiots will think twice...

6. Davy

Davy Active Member

yes,, should have done everything said here all nice and legal and moral--just like those idiot's..............ON THE OTHER HAND..???????

7. Shawn Seeger

Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

Just so you all know the local authorities and game office were contacted.

:thumb:

wabowhunter

8. wildatheartphoto

wildatheartphoto Member

Thanks for contacting the authorities!!! It is very frustrating and maddening to see bone-heads with firearms out "hunting." I have been fortunate enough not to run into any of those guys this year...so far...Keep up the good hunting. Lead by example!!!

9. dominic7471

dominic7471 Member

Because of these people i strongly support the theory that 1% of the population are a bunch of retards who ruin it for the othe 99% of us....

10. Josh Benjamin

Josh Benjamin Member

ask fishAK about idiots target shooting. weekend before last he was up in the swakane over by wenatchee on the late archery deer hunt. same kind of thing happened. one side of the mountain there's birdhunters, other side a few people deer hunting and all of a sudden these doorknobs start shooting targets in the canyon he's hunting in. i even think one of the brdhunters told them there was a guy bowhunting in that canyon and they still didn't stop.
    idiots. no respect for other true hunters or the woods. these guys weren't shooting trees i guess at least.
    :mad:

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

This is what happens in a state where there are too many people with hunting licenses. And some of them have no idea what they are doing. But it's the same in fishing. Many out there have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Most people out there doing that do it because they are stupid. Young kids have to take classes to get a license. The same should be true for stupid Adults.

But blowing a cork over this is not going to do yourself any good.

It's like fishing,if somebody is in my spot, I just move to another spot. Washington State is a big state.

Jim

12. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Active Member

This is exactly why I gave up hunting in 1972 because of idiots like this, but there everywheres these days aren't they ?

:ray1: :confused:

BG

13. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    We can all choose to do what we feel best, be it just moving on to another spot, or calling it quits, or just shaking our heads in disgust and complaining about it. Personally I feel it's important to try to do something about it- blow the whistle, somehow, on the violators. Nothing may come of it, but who knows- maybe something will. If we do absolutely nothing we let the bastards win because they'll go on unchecked. For me, just making an effort to report bad behavior to the authorities makes me feel better because I know I tried to do my part. I think the state game dept needs a toll free number (maybe they do- I've never had to look for it) where you can call in a violation of some sort, just like the DOT has for people who throw shit out of their car (you phone in their license number and give some general information and they get a notice in the mail). If nothing else, the violator would get a form letter in the mail and they might think twice before acting like a jackass the next time. It let's people know others are watching.

There are idiots everywhere. You can't run or hide from them. But you can try to do something about them.

14. razorback

razorback New Member

I got hit by a stray slug by some jackass!! I am vary lucky to still look down at the flowers than looking up. the idiot was drinking!! he was dam lucky I did not shot back!!. so now I do not hunt at all !!. now thinking of bow hunting, but not sure? of that. I took up flyfishing much safer sport!!!!

15. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Yeah its too bad, seems i'm at war every hunting season with idiots. I now see however that these same idiots are gravitating in mass towards bow and muzzleloader hunting, seems they feel macho telling people that is their hunting method, they just leave out that they do it from a sport utility mobile blind.
    last year bow hunting for elk in the packwood area, i watched from the side of a hill i was sitting on as down below the same two pickups drove by nearly every 30 minutes for about a four hour period, both trucks had chairs in the back with "bow hunters" notched and ready. how damn pathetic.
    on a good note. its because of these lazy sons of bitches, that the rest of us real hunters have less competition in the field, so i guess its a give and take kinda deal.