If you could have one spey rod only...

S

stewart dee

MKS 7/8 small rod with a strong backbone able to pick up lots of line. Feels great with a fish at the other end.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
If I could have one rod only, I'd shoot myself. I'm one of those Ho's OMJ is referring to.

One only? probably a 7/8 Highlander, 13'6" or 14'.

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
:thumb:Hmmm...Tough man ! I shoulda said two spey rods !!!
For me, My rod below , The Gloomis GLX greaseline 15' 9/10 .... My "G Smooth" stick .... Very nice rod- Rips tips fair well and loves the long bellie ! :thumb:

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Well, my goal when I got sucked into the two handed abyss was to start with one rod and do everything within my resolve to keep it to just that. I have the Z Axis 7136 and am quite happy with my decision. So far I feel no need for another two hander. Except maybe the 8-129. I've heard it rocks, too.

Leroy...

I'm hurt...you christened the Loomis from Poppy and didn't say anything? Tisk tisk...

Have you christened the No. 3 yet??

Spey rods are like 'tater chips or fried bluegills...ya can't just be satisfied with one!

KerryS

Ignored Member
Except maybe the 8-129. I've heard it rocks, too.
I've got that rod. Haven't had the time to spend with it to get a line dialed in yet. Some asshat closed the river before I could. On first test the line I had was a bit long and a bit light. I could tell the rod wanted a heavy line. Perhaps next year I can dial it in and see if it is as good as the 8124. First impression says it is to soft for big fish but I will need to put a steelhead on the end to be sure.

Love my 13'6" 7/8 MKS, but I also love my LS2 1307. Next up will be a long belly rod. One rod just won't do. If a guy could get along w/ one rod, my "right tool for the job" mantra that I've been using w/ my wife would have to go.

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
Leroy...

I'm hurt...you christened the Loomis from Poppy and didn't say anything? Tisk tisk...

Have you christened the No. 3 yet??

Spey rods are like 'tater chips or fried bluegills...ya can't just be satisfied with one!
Skeet, what the Shit bro ??!! How the heck are ya ?
Yup, the 3 is also unvirginized ! I didn't know you were over here !