As you guys know, I'm continually working on experimental patterns. I'm also into "less is more". Here's a leech (or something) that I tied with one material -- two, if you count the bead. I was thinking about a damselfly nymph when I tied the thing. Plus, I figured it might work for warm water critters because they seem to like long, worm-like patterns. I tried it at a local bass pond yesterday that is chuck full of damselflies. I didn't catch any photo size fish but enough different species to consider the pattern a success. I use mono thread for this style of fly so the body color shows through. This one is tied on a size 12 hook. The one material that creates the long tail and short body is Golden Olive, Pseudo Hair from Hareline. It is easier to handle than Craft Fur. Now that I know this style works, I'll tie some up in black, burgundy and brown. Sometimes the experimentals work, sometimes they don't. But it sure is rewarding to create patterns that work. I have a good record so far this years with new patterns. I can't wait to try it for stillwater trout. I have a sneaky feeling they will see it as a damselfly nymph or maybe a leech. It looks great in the water.